redirects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: redirects

By the way.. the only redirect I would do is on the DOMAIN server, and not the cpanel at all. Depending where your domain hosting is.. you usually have two options to park it.. park, and sit, or park and forward to the new domain, that way i dont think anyone would be hitting the old pages thus.. no need for individual page redirects as the domain itself is forwarded.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by dean023
      Racefan20

your being no help what so ever so please don't waste both yours or my time.If you can't help don't comment.
      Oh, I can help rather easily now that you've bothered to explain what you want to do. Funny how details come in handy, ain't it?

All you have to do is empty the existing BV pages, paste a simple code into each one and republish.

I'm questioning whether or not I should explain this to you, but I'll do so since others may need help along the same lines.

Here are the steps, make sure you make a backup copy of each BV page before following through with this just as a safeguard against mistakes.

Let's assume you have a BV page called product1. You don't want your customers to see this page because it's now incorrect, but some may have it bookmarked.

What you need to do is open product1.bvp and empty it of all contents, leave it completely blank. This is done easily by clicking Edit > Select All and then right click > cut. As stated, make a copy of the page before you do this.

Now your visitors will see a blank page if published this way, which of course is no use to anyone, but at least they don't see the page you don't want them to see.

With this page open in BV, click View > Page HTML and select the Between Head Tag.

Paste the following code into this area, changing it to suit the page you want the user to eventually see.
      <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="0;URL=http://www.yoursite.com/page_you_want_to_redirect_to">
      Publish, and anyone clicking a link to the original page will be taken to the page you want. You can send them to your Soho pages or any other page you'd like.
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

If you can help with this fine if not fine but keep your flaming and opinions to yourself
        LMAO I don't flame (a flame is a direct, personal attack, which certainly hasn't occurred here) and I sure don't keep my opinions to myself, it's all part of my warm and charming personality.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Karen - many thanks as always

racefan20 - many thanks for both the info and entertainment lol
          www.nativeskins.co.uk

Comment

LOL.. GEEEEEZE RACE! :) You are just winning friends everywhere! LOL

Thank you for posting the refresh code for the meta.. I was gonna come back when I had sanity and see if he had found it yet!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen - many thanks as always

racefan20 - many thanks for both the info and entertainment lol

LOL No sweat, I hope it works the way you want, it certainly seems that it should.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac
                LOL.. GEEEEEZE RACE! :) You are just winning friends everywhere! LOL

Thank you for posting the refresh code for the meta.. I was gonna come back when I had sanity and see if he had found it yet!

Karen
                Anyone who knows me knows I don't lose much sleep over what others may think of me. lol But, I help when I can.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                X