Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Editing HTML on BV page?

Dan

Just to restate what Chris said....you can edit the html code as I had suggested in the cPanel; but the next time you "publish" that page; it will put back the code that you edited out!

Now one thing that is not clear to us is that you said you "pasted" code into the top html box?? I did not think you could do that! To pasted any code into the top box; you have to select one of the tabs on the lower box and paste the code there. It does show up in the top box, but in a different color and you are able to delete those codes by selecting a tab until the code appears in the lower box. Then just select the code and delete it.

So take a look again at the bad page and select the tabs on the lower box until you see the code that you want to delete.

Comment

Originally posted by dannlin View Post
      the web builder, click on the page and you get properties or html, open html and you get the box. its divided in two the top holds the html that the page has built and the bottom is empty. It was the top one I added the html for links into.

The whole problem is that I cannot remove it!!
      Hi, its impossible to add html to the top box, this is a view only area to BV's html & html you have added. But you can add code to one of the bottom areas in page html or a html box on the front of the page that will show up in this area. maybe its this? & you have to delete from another area to loose the html..
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Make any corrections on a BV builder page, save as whatever, and re-publish.

Editing through the CPanel works well. Just copy all of the html and save it in Notepad. Then make your edits. If you mess it up you still have the save Notepad version or you can just republish.
        What are you trying to edit that you cannot do in BV ???
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

I just checked your site. Make all of the corrections on the page and re-publish. You should not have to edit the page html.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

I have looked at your site and there are a lot of typos and misspelling.
            "If you don't think you can make a difference . Try sleeping with a mosquito" Dalai Llama

Comment

Working...
            X