Can animated image inserts mess up my website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can animated image inserts mess up my website

Thanks for looking, Chris. I removed the index.q2 and then resaved my index.bvp. I still see the Internet icons on all my .bvp files on my hard drive. I must have done something wrong and not sure what. I am going to try the previous advice and open each one with bv and then resave it. Strange though, to me,... when I opened a document, the index page this morning, it says its bvp file but it has that internet icon in front of it. Please stay with me today and try to help me if you can. My boss is asking if I have the site up and running and I just got in this morning. I do this and my regular job here for a lousy 29K. geez.

Comment

Back to your comment, Chris... do not upload the bv page? I thought I am supposed to click the save icon at the top of the software page and then click on publish? If not, then do I need to move the bv file in my ftp program from my hard drive on the right hand side to the left hand side, the public_ side?

Comment

I can open my index page in bv software, but when I go into my ftp program it won't let me open it to preview it. It calls my file index_auto_file, 17.5 kb. I have previewed pages in my ftp before. And if something I created in BV software didn't publish to my site, I'd find it on the left hand side of the ftp page and move it to the public_html page and it would work fine.

Comment

new title, ok my index page will not show

I typed in my web address and I see the index.q2 is still there and I removed it from my ftp page yet it keeps showing. I removed it from my ftp hard drive side as well. I cloned my true index page and named it index to replace the existing one to see if that would clear up the problem. I have never had a problem with my index page like this.
          Should I put in for a support ticket?? I followed advice here and either I am not explaining my problem correctly or the problem is more difficult than it seems. HELP!

Comment

Hi, go to your cpanel & delete all your index pages in the public_html area.
            Now in BV, go to your index page & save as index only. BV will auto save this as index.bvp. You don't have to enter anything else but index in lower case letters as a name.
            Now press publish. (Do not upload) very few things have to be uploaded when using BV.
            Now you should be able to open your Home page (index) via this link.
            www.jeffersoncountyhealthdepartmentwv.org
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you, Chris. I will try that. I did delete all index files and clicked on the publish button. When I watched all the parts of my index page upload, I saw index.q2 in it. So I am trying to figure out why there is a file called index.q2 in it. I am at home now to work on the page. I thought maybe if I upload the old index page and make the changes I need to it that it may be a fresh start. I'll blog soon and let you know how I am doing. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR KEEPING IN TOUCH.
              kc

Comment

Working...
              X