Posting of Excel file:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting of Excel file:

Greetings! Is it possible to post an Excel file to a web page? I have tried a couple ways with no results.

Re: Posting of Excel file:

Hi, you can post it as a complete page or pop it in an iframe within a BV page.
    Have a look at your xl file in you computer via File>Web page preview. If it all looks ok, save as a web page via the file menu.
    Now upload this to your server.
    Your link to this will be in the cpanel & you will be able to use the url to have it as a single page or pop it into an iframe url field.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ok! I'll give it a try. Thank you. I'll let you know how it goes. Also, I have forgot the importance of entering my domain name in The Forum so I will leave that as well.

David, www.anvildancer.com

Comment

At this point I have been able to upload the file to the cpanel. I am not sure how I move it to a page though. That part is not clear to me. I am just now building the page and I have not yet published it. The purpose of the page is so that specific people can get updated information from the site simply by clicking on the url for the page, or loading the url into their browser. For all intents and purposes, this page will hidden from the general site and not linked. Security is not an issue.

Still puzzled: David

www.anvildancer.com

Comment

Hi, pop an iframe (Inline frame) on the front of your BV page & D/Click on it to get at the properties. Now pop the url for your XL sheet that you uploaded into the url field. Press ok & preview.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Another option that should work is to use the "OLE object" tool, (bottom left side tool bar).
            It allows you to install an excel worksheet into a page with just a couple clicks. The worksheet is editable while you have it open inBV, but non-editable to your members. So if the data is always changing; it might be the way to go!

I have only used it as far as "preview the page", but I would guess that when you "publish" the page; it would upload the sheet file for you(?)
            Just an idea to try!

Comment

Working...
            X