Published but just a list of pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Published but just a list of pages

I published last evening but just get a list of pages. Can anybody help please with advice please?

www.printsofcornwall.com

Re: Published but just a list of pages

That's what happens when you capialize the "I" in "index.html"

Just change that, republish and you should be fine.

Neat stuff, btw. I recommend you add a paragraph about how you obtained these, that would interest a lot of collectors.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Tom,
      Many thanks for your prompt reply. I have a lower case i for index.html in the page properties form so that cannot be changed. I have reviewed every single page but cannot find a problem. Any ideas?

Thanks also for the comment - the gentleman is my Great Grandfather and they were left to me by my mother.

Michael

Comment

What Tom is getting at is that you have all your pages SAVED AS with capitals ie Index, Prints1, Prints2, Prints3 and so on, bring all those pages up in bv then on the file tab ( top left ) select save as then save as index, print1 and so on, more important on the index than the rest but as your links on the pages go to prints1, prints2 you should do those as well. what you have in the properties is the page title.
        Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Allen,

ALL my pages have been saved with a lower case first letter exactly as per the BueVoda tutorial. The capital letters only appear on the Buttons on the first page. Why they should be listed under Index I don't know. Any ideas. This is becoming ridiculous. www.printsofcornwall.com

Comment

Hi, not sure on the prints5 page, but the prints6 url link has the “s” missing. You will also need to go through you images & reduce them as many of the pages are very slow loading. Front page is about 30secs on the 1st visit.
            Don’t go by how fast they are on your machine as the images will already be in your machines cache & give a false impression. If you do keep the ones on the front page???? You should aim for a 4 to 5 kb image max on each one. Personally you might be better with one or two nice images as this type of line/ink drawing is not an easy one to display in a thumbnail size of image.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Extremely slow. Resize your thumbnails outside BV to reduce them as Chris suggested
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I assume you mean the miniatures on the front page. My other pages load well. I still have to battle with the PayPal pages and the errors not being repaired when published. I have followed the bosses instructions but no luck.

Great support from this forum and it has really helped.

One last point; The front page of the site has the text on WHITE but the actual page has the green all over matching the colour to the right of the HEADER. How can I resolve this?

Comment

You have an image, called m_112b in your page. This is the backround that starts from the left end (under the menu) and continoues to the right. Further more, it is LINKED to your home page.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I dont know how it came to be there or how to find it and remove it but I will try. Thank for pointing it out.

Comment

Hi, before you get too far? I would look at you pages & how they are being put together as an image site. One of the most important things to do is keep the SE’s happy to attract visitors & customers to your images.
                      Placing the images on the pages using the shadow & other tools immediately removes the image name & image alt text which would have been handy for the SE’s to use. So if I went searching for images in Google called Creed Church, they would give my images a better seeing (link below) than your ones called bv123.png
                      As for the page loading ok for you, this is fine. But you always build a site for your visitors/customers & not yourself. The rest of the world may not have your fast connection. (In fact just over 50% hasn’t even got broadband).
                      If you look at this page at around 100kb & yours at around 750kb you can naturally see the kb difference, but you can also frame the images with more options & make it a lot more SE friendly by using the shape tool as the background & placing your SE friendly image on top.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

ND Yes that is the Vodahost template for the header banner and the panel down the left. Does that mean that I can only have a white page? I have removed the small images and placed a short text as a test.

Comment

Chris, Thanks for your reply but how do I retain the shadow and the image. Yours seem to have a dotted line around them. Is that essential or is that the key to reducing the image size? Perhaps I should use my image resizing programme to reduce them further. What do you think?

Comment

Hi, on the page I have made, I used some BV shapes for some framing effects & then just popped the image on top of the shape as you would adding any normal image to a page.
                            With the shape that is behind the image, you have to play with the shadow & boarders to get the effect you might like. I have removed an image to see what I mean. LINK.
                            With the reducing of your images, I am assuming the originals are possibly jpg’s ?
                            These will be easier to reduce than the png’s that are on site at the moment that BV created. The one I copied & put on my page is around 100kb, but should be able to get it down to about 60kb for this type of image. (Assuming the original is ok)
                            If you need a hand, just pop a post back here.
                            Its worth thinking about having slightly smaller images on the page with no watermark & a larger popup with a watermark. Can now be done quite easy with the new BV facility's.
                            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,

I don't know how to achive your effect. Certainly the images are about 550k each. I had thought that a simple background, very limited text and just two images per page ought to be OK. Is it possible to unpublish and re-do everything? I have re-sized one of the images to about 80k and it has deteriorated markedly.

Originally I had used the lightbox facility but it generated images that could easily be copied, in their larger size. I also tested the site unpublished with friends and they all preferred the current image size and were not impressed with the lightbox.

I don't know where to go from here.

Comment

Working...
                              X