Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Index page not showing

Thanks, you located the problem.

But I still do not know why it would not publish with my ftp client. I use that for several different sites.

I need the ftp use as I am not always at one computer when editing pages. does this mean I have to download BlueVoda on every computer I use ?

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ErynRene View Post
      does this mean I have to download BlueVoda on every computer I use ?
      Yes.

The only way to publish a Blue Voda created webpage is via the PUBLISH icon within Blue Voda itself.

As a proprietary product of VodaHost, you are already familiar with the requirement to publish only to a VodaHost server, but following the entire protocol is advised to attain the best results (as you have discovered).

Blue Voda Tutorials
      How You Publish Blue Voda Pages
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

BlueVoda on different computers

Hello There,

This is Eryn. Thank you for your quick responses to my last ticket. I have another problem for you...

In my last response from you I was told that I can only publish within the BlueVoda program. Does that mean that the ftp settings you issued are for
        your ftp only ?

Also, I use various computers. Comp 1 has BlueVoda Web Builder downloaded from a free offer in an ad and works fine when publishing, but in Comp 2 , downloaded from your site, the program does not give me the option of publishing to my server location numbers which were issued to me once I started hosting.

How can I solve this problem.

Also, I cannot find the download for the BlueVoda web builder from my cpanel, can you please tell me where it is - maybe this would solve my first problem.

Thank you,
        Eryn

Comment

Eryn,
          I am not very good at the tech stuff but just after I read your post I read another that had this in it to download BlueVoda
          Hope this helps

just go here:
          http://www.vodasupport.com/index.php...wnloaditemid=1
          Sandra

Comment

Publish from my account

Thank you Sandra for sending me the link to download BlueVoda.

Is that coming straight from my account ? Because the issue here is that I need it to work from my account to publish my pages from different computers. www.lynkpromotions.com

Also, I noticed in the chat thread that I sent my url location, user name and passwords, I was not aware these chats were public information. Can you please delete the strings with my personal settings in them.

Thank you,

Eryn

Comment

Publish from my account

Thank you Sandra for sending me the link to download BlueVoda.

Is that coming straight from my account ? Because the issue here is that I need it to work from my account to publish my pages from different computers. www.lynkpromotions.com ..

No, I am not reselling hosting space, I have 3 clients web sites to manage and may have more soon.

Also, I noticed in the chat thread that I sent my url location, user name and passwords, I was not aware these chats were public information. Can you please delete the strings with my personal settings in them.

Thank you,

Eryn

Comment

To request deletion of posts that inadvertantly contain sensitive information, you will need to Submit a Support Ticket with the post links and specific details to substantiate your request.

As with any online Community, the facts regarding the nature of viewable communications are outlined clearly in the Rules ..... which if they were reviewed prior would have prevented the situation you find yourself in now.

Back to your web-building "issues" .....

1. If you are working on 2 computers at a time, you need to download Blue Voda to each of them in order to Publish and access particular accounts.
                2. Be sure to have a current version of Blue Voda, as this assures you that the listed account servers and IP's are there when you need them to Publish and connect.
                3. When working with 2 computers, remember to preserve the paths of all elements (images, objects, etc.) so they will "appear" within your Blue Voda page when working on them (instead of small "X's" on them). You can do this by keeping all your BV page files, image folders, and other "working resources" on a single drive, for instance, and simply plugging it in and working off the single flash drive instead of from your main C drive on each computer.

I hope you finally understand that to Publish a Blue Voda created webpage, you need to publish within Blue Voda itself, and that the FTP clients are only for uploding to the server file formats that are not BV-related (.txt, .xml, .doc, .pdf etc.). Even though Blue Voda has an FTP tool within BV itself, it is intended for smaller files as a convenience only. For larger files, use the FTP upload client within your Control Panel.

.... and on we go!
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X