adding another site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: adding another site

Thank you for suggesting this. I had him empty his cache and try to open the site in IE. It didn't work. I had him type "submarine paintings" into Google search. He saw my site and clicked on it and it wouldn't open. However, the site listed under mine, SubArt, opened immediately. He can open everything else. I don't understand it.

Comment

That site opened for me in 3 different browsers...................might be his antivirus program if he has one.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Yes, I had him turn off Norton and it still wouldn't open. I know the problem is his computer but I don't know how else to help him. Thank you.

Comment

Other causes can be anti-spyware programs and or firewall issues, even email issues. He should check his settings on all of these programs and choose the default setting for each if available. When turning these programs off you will need to reboot as well .. try turning off one at a time, be careful to not leave the comptuer unprotected for much longer than 5 minutes, that's all it takes for the evils to pounce on your machine, lol .. Norton's eh, well notorious for not allowing this and not allowing that and sometimes when you think it is turned off it's not completely. Check all nortons features he is running as well as the others I mentioned .. As well, update the computer for any windows updates .. reboot .. even unpower for 5 minutes .. then try again. If all of this fails, he will need to call his internet service provider, and good luck with that, he might try on 7 or 8 different occassions hoping to finally get help from someone that can .. that's all I can recommend.. Good Luck. Another thought is when he is trying to open the page, ask him to refresh, sometimes this can kick in .. maybe not. Also to look to see if there is a yellow bar going across the top of his computer, near the address bar .. perhaps he has his computer security set on high, ask him to go to tools > internet options > security and choose the default setting ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you, LadyEye. I will have him check all these things you have suggested. Let's hope something will work.
            Much appreciated,
            Laura

Comment

Working...
            X