Unlimited access to forum members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlimited access to forum members

Ok guys i'm sure you have heard of people registering on a forum without even bothering to post an introduction or reply to a thread. I own my own forum and have some registered members for the past month or two and they still haven't posted yet. This can be quite annoying cause when you see you see there username status logged in but all they do is browse the forum without any contribution whatsoever. Its ok for members who are new but for those that have registered for several months is unacceptable.

What i want to do is set all other forums and sub-forums so they will not be able to view them for new members until they post an introduction first.

Maybe set up an automated message inviting new members to post an intro before they can view other forums might help?

I'm using phpbb3 so i'm assuming i make all these changes in administration panel. But i'm not so sure how to do it. Anyone?

Thanks

Jay

Re: Unlimited access to forum members

I don't believe phpbb3 has this functionality by default. You can probably find a mod that will add a user to a specific usergroup after posting in a certain forum. You then just give that usergroup permission to view the other forums.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

BAD IDEA.

Who wants to register in a forum they know nothing about?

Leave them be. After a specific period of inactivity you can just delete them.

Since you also say you dont know how. It is time you go into the ACP and
      learn to understand how to master and control the forums and forum permissions.

Goto the phpBB3 forum knowledge base to learn more about anything and everything. The answers are all there.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
        BAD IDEA.
        Who wants to register in a forum they know nothing about?

Leave them be. After a specific period of inactivity you can just delete them.

Since you also say you dont know how. It is time you go into the ACP and
        learn to understand how to master and control the forums and forum permissions.

Goto the phpBB3 forum knowledge base to learn more about anything and everything. The answers are all there.
        Assuming there are some forums that don't require a post to view its not that bad of an idea.

And I believe he was saying he doesn't know how to do what he was trying to do in the admin control panel.. which can't be done so its understandable.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

That is what I meant.

If Jay does not go into the Administrators Control Panel and learn how to do things by trial and error, he will never be able to control his forum.

You know Jay you cant depend on anybody except your ownself to mantain
          control and order in your forum.

That is why I ask you to goto the phpBB3 Forum directly.
          You do not need to ask anybody anything. All the answers are in the knowledge base already.

That was how I learned.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
          X