Lost blue voda files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost blue voda files

My url is rockofrockwell.com - I lost all of the bvd files on my computer- they are still published, but I have to rebuild all the pages to edit- or is there a way to copy them off my ftp server back into my blue voda folder? just hoping! - Paul

Re: Lost blue voda files

i found the easiest way with least amount of work(true salesman) is to copy and paste your url address for each page using the tool in blue voda as follows:
    file/new page/from existing html page
    once the box comes up use the remote option and paste the url address from that page. it will import all your images into the image folder and all your text - you will have to do some work, centering and re-doing your nav. bar.
    hope this helps
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I have three websites with blue voda (www.irishlebproject.com , www.drimoleague.com , www.irishlegion.com )and I am advertising to do more. I have saved all of my bv files onto an external drive with the intention of taking the drive with me for the convenience of updating my sites from any other computer. Yesterday I left my PC into the PC Clinic to have some upgrades completed and I borrowed a PC to allow me to update my sites from the bv files on my external drive. Is there any other way of saving my bv files (Externally) than the way suggested (copy and paste your url address for each page using the tool in blue voda). It seems like alot of work for what should be a simple task. Also, when I save the updated bv file on my external drive, will I have to do the same all over again when I get my PC back from the PC clinic ?
      Thanks,
      Ofoee
      Micheál Mac Diarmada
      Chief Project Coordinator
      www.irishlebproject.com

Comment

Login to your cpanel, and under the heading "Files"

you can use the backup utility.

In addition to the backups,
        I use USB flash drive. I save all
        bvp files and images once every week.
        Doable Personal Finance

Comment

not sure if your question was answered. what i understand is that you have your files on your external hard drive, then you want to use another pc to make some changes. what i would do is just copy the file from your external hard drive to your pc then make your changes, save and publish the new page. then copy and paste the new file to your external hard drive. you have to up date each computor with the file to work on it.
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
          X