Help publishing with dreamweaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help publishing with dreamweaver

My client purchased domain registration and hosting thru Voda.

And as of (many weeks) later we have still yet to be able to log into any sort of server. Basically at this point they've paid for nothing.

I am a professional web-designer, and normally choose hosting companies for my clients. This particular client had already purchased domain and hosting before I began.

I have tried every number imaginable that I can find to reach tech support with no avail.

I use Dreamweaver ( a real web editor) ... and nothing I plug in from the username/pass works... at all. And wtf is this module??

I've asked several times for the FTP username/pass ... that's all I have ever wanted or needed from my clients when they get hosting... Why is this such an issue.. I tried to call technical support.. and I'm referred here.

So please advise on wtf I'm supposed to input into dreamweaver to make some sort of connection to your servers.

Access: FTP
    FTP Host: www.domainname.com (i've tried ftp.domain.com and the ip)
    Host Directory: /public_html/ (most places this is httpdocs)
    Login: (provided by the email)
    Password : (provided by the email)

I have toggled between passive FTP mode...(neither works)

-X

re: Help publishing with dreamweaver

Did your client give you all the log-in credentials sent to him by email by VH. Quite often these end up in Junk Mail?

Another thing, this board is supported by lots of people on a voluntary basis so lose the 'wtf' because thats bang out of order.

If you are still having a problem, submit a support ticket > Customer support at the top of this board
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

thanks for your personal support.... and I intend no ill regard towards the users here... to all of those users here attempting to help one another.. your efforts are to be commended.

My "wtf" was intended toward the lack of customer support provided by Voda. Calling their support number only refers you back here..

My client has given me everything that he has.. and only receives a "what apprears to be" a duplicate email from Voda everytime with the same info.

username: ***
      pass: ***
      module: voda29

None of this information is working on the 'cpanel' link next to module voda29... nor is it working in Dreamweaver.

......again no dis-respect to the users here. My wrath is directly focused at the lack of support from Voda.

-Thanks

Comment

Is the domain name pointed yet and what ftp are you using?
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Re: Wtf!

I honestly have no idea yet.. as I have not been able to log into anything just yet.

I've been reading thru the forums .. and was just reading a post about that when I saw that you had responded.

Sooo I'm guessing now that the domain needs to be pointed at the proper nameservers for hosting. I would love to do that, however I cannot find any way to login to anything.

I just sent an email to VodaSupport and am awaiting a response.

I've also amended the following as per a forum thread I read about Dreamweaver:

Access: FTP
          FTP Host: domain.com
          Host Directory: /public_html/domain
          Login: (provided by the email)
          Password : (provided by the email)

Still not working.... has to be the nameservers.

Comment

Re: Help publishing with dreamweaver

The only other username/ pass my client was able to find was in an email for billing: (VBS)

username: email...
            pass: ***

I followed the link to the VBS.. and input the info.... "Login Incorrect"

Comment

hey who changed the title of my thread?

it was "wtf?" ...cause I meant ... wtf...

I found the issue... account status : Canceled...

My client has made 2 recent payments.. (1) of which (the last one) does not appear to be posted.

Need this resolved now.

Comment

My website is down and I can't seem to get any support from BV. I renewed my domain name today, yet my site is still down and I can;t send or recieve emails from Outlook. Could someone please help I have been asking since 12pm today.

Comment

good luck getting support.. the phone numbers quickly and effectively shut you out and direct you straight to these forums.. I have yet to speak with a live person.

I'm starting the "domain tranfer" service now.. If they don't then I can get a new (domain & reg.) thru ******* for only $65.xx a year..... not hundreds and hundreds... lol

(LMAO they won't let the name of a competitor be typed out here) WHAT A JOKE! (go to = go dad dy .com) best services ever!

Too many times I've seen poor suckers that had jumped the gun and fall into these hosting blackholes. They don't let you contact them. They charge you quadruple or more. They lockdown your account where nothing can be done except pay or leave. LEAVE!.. its always cheaper to leave.

HODTEK.com

Comment

Working...
                  X