Internal Site Linking Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal Site Linking Problem

My site is www.the-slingshot.com I have used Dreamweaver in the past and have lost the skills.
    I am confused about the site structure and appropriate link strings necessary to link between different areas. I think a folder called adlanding should have an indexpage and an image folder that will link to subfolders for individual advertisers. Other folders such as feature writers, opinion etc will be linked from public_html to a designated folder. I have watched the videos over and over and can't pick up a discussion of the proper path elements.
    Guidance about publishing would be appreciated as it would appear separate publishing for each folder is necessary.
    RedBull

Re: Internal Site Linking Problem

you have lost me at the bakery. your home page has to be saved as index and published as index. after that you can save the page with any name you want, but must be small letters and no spaces. let me say that again, small letter and no spaces, for example about us page would be saved as:
    aboutus or about_us.
    now your link to that page will be
    http://www.the-slingshot.com/aboutus.html
    and so on. each page would have the same style link except if you have a form on the page. then it would be saved as:
    contactus or contact_us and the link would be:
    http://www.the-slingshot.com/contactus.php
    that should get you started.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks for the help. Sorry about the bakery. I am still unclear about a parent child page. Le's say I want to link from contact_us.html to a separate and junior page (phone, email by name for example). Do you use a folder for the separate page to hold images and that index? And if so are there different upload procedures?
      RedBull

Comment

I wish to link a page to another page and I get the file not found message. Link I use is www.the-slingshot.com/camilliacafe.html which is in the same directory as the set up page-adlanding. The link is in /adlanding that will link to individual ad sites in this case CamilliaCafe.

Comment

have you published this page : camilliacafe ?

Comment

Most commonly links only don't work if

1) You haven't published the page you are linking to.
            2) You have a discrepancy in your link (another words in doesn't match the BV page file name)
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
            X