Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bi-language website

Hi,
    I have a website - www.annelouisewarner.com - and I wish to do a version of it in Spanish. The question is: is it better to just add Spanish pages to my existing site or is it worth publishing a separate site. I want it to be picked up by those entering Spanish searches. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks. Anne

Re: Bi-language website

When I did my site in Spanish I translated my pages from English to Spanish using Google Translator and had a Spanish version on my existing site thereby effectively doubling the number of pages on my site (which the SE's liked).
    I simply used a picture of a Spanish flag linked to the Spanish pages for users to swap between English/Spanish
    The Female Zone

Comment

I would personally spend the time creating duplicate pages in both languages
      & have 2 flags on every single page so you can go from "lets say" about us in Spanish to about us in English & not just back to an index page, as this will confuse visitors.
      Also! Remember to create a new folder on your machine & in the control panel.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Guys,
        Many thanks for your help and suggestions. What was worrying me was getting my Spanish pages recognised search engine-wise. I live in Spain and initially I targeted English speaking clients but now I want to extend to the local Spanish speaking population. So when they type in acupuncture in Spanish (acupuntura) it finds my site. Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Comment

Originally posted by annelouise View Post
          Hi Guys,
          Many thanks for your help and suggestions. What was worrying me was getting my Spanish pages recognised search engine-wise. I live in Spain and initially I targeted English speaking clients but now I want to extend to the local Spanish speaking population. So when they type in acupuncture in Spanish (acupuntura) it finds my site. Many thanks for taking the time to reply.
          That's more down to having good page names - descriptions & keywords is the real trick.
          But a Spanish domain name might give a slight edge.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Many thanks for your help.
            best wishes.
            Anne

Comment

Working...
            X