Navigation Menu Bar missing plus Windows 7 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation Menu Bar missing plus Windows 7 issues

http://www.therosarystation.com/index.html is the URL for our website. Today I was adding a page and noticed the nav. bar is showing up in BlueVoda website builder, but when I published the page, the nav bar is not there. Also the nav bar is missing on contact, men behind dream, pages.

Please look at http://www.therosarystation.com/mission.html. On that page the nav bar is there, but when you click on home, contact, men behind dream tabs, the pages load, but the nav bar is missing. I have re-published, cleaned memory on computer, tried it on two different computers.

Also since getting Windows 7 I am having night sweats over trying to build on BlueVoda. Font sizes changed, some font types changed and now my nav bars are missing.

I will be very grateful for any assistance or guidance.
    Thanks
    Scruffy
    DJ Smith
    Sacred Heart Catholic Church

Re: Navigation Menu Bar missing plus Windows 7 issues

Try this member's post to see if it helps.

Comment

Thanks John K. This post helped, but I am still wondering why all of a sudden my nav bars are not showing up on all pages. That is my key issue right now.
      DJ Smith

Comment

Well, on the pages that they do not show up, did you hammer the F5 key about 7 or 8 times? This seems to refresh with the most recent update for that address. I don't know the laymen terms for this.

Also; are you using the BV original menu buttons, or are you using your own created buttons that can be inserted into the navbar folder in the BV builder in your program files, C:\Program Files\BlueVoda Website Builder\navbar ?

The reason I ask is because if your own created buttons are not just right, they can affect the appearance of your navbar on the BV tool page, in the preview page, and after you publish.

That's for starters.

If you did anything out of the ordinary, it would be practical to state it step by step so the diagnosis can be more concise.

Comment

John, thanks for hanging in here with me! I have a new computer with Windows 7 operating system. My old system was XP. So some of this may be related to the change over. But, I did make custom buttons and yes I saved them, but now they are not in that file...which may very well be the answer. I am going to start all over on the nav bar and rebuild one and see if that works.
          DJ Smith

Comment

I am using windows7. I have found that if things don't publish and hitting the F5 doesn't work then sometimes rebooting the computer helps. Before you explode with frustration Maybe you could check that you haven't got the nav bar set "behind" the other things?

Debbie

Comment

John, I have rebuilt the nav bar, and up loaded the pics. Nothing I did will publish...including the danged Nav. bar. I used BV standard nav buttons. I have a html code that is supposed not to allow the page to cache.

I have checked that I am on the correct BV server, my user and password are correct. In the folder section of the publishing drop down is public_html and in the file box it is Publish all Files.

I am starting to think it may be a BV issue and perhaps I need to put in a ticket.
              DJ Smith

Comment

I can't help you with your problem but I can say that you have typos in your meta tags.
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi
                Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Thanks Carbon Terry!
                  DJ Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Scruffy View Post
                    John, I have rebuilt the nav bar, and up loaded the pics. Nothing I did will publish...including the danged Nav. bar. I used BV standard nav buttons. I have a html code that is supposed not to allow the page to cache.

I have checked that I am on the correct BV server, my user and password are correct. In the folder section of the publishing drop down is public_html and in the file box it is Publish all Files.

I am starting to think it may be a BV issue and perhaps I need to put in a ticket.
                    Did you go to your control panel in your Windows 7 and add the Blue Voda Website Builder to your list of exceptions? Also, if you have any anti virus it should also have BV added as a trusted application. Perhaps this might have an affect on FTP.

Another thing that you said that sounded familiar is you said that "nothing I did will publish".

Okay; this means you are publishing, and after a spread of time you get a popup window saying that your attempt to publish did not publish because of a session timeout, yes?

Try this; in your BV builder, go to Tools > Options > Publish, and make sure your FTP Connection Timeout is set way high (I have mine set for 864 seconds).

Perhaps your timeout is set for an amount of time that is not long enough for the amount of content you need to transfer. The FTP transfer cuts out before your content gets through, maybe.

Check those items and let me know.

Comment

Working...
                    X