This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expert help required

I made and published my site www.stovedepot.co.uk, if you type the url the website displays perfectly, however when I access the google webmasters tool site, google will not recognize the url and returns error code 404. Can anyone help me, and also in order to get things working right do I need to sort anything in c cpanel.

and finally can I place info in the Html section under view on the menu bar, I need to place
    User-agent: *
    Allow: /

where do i place it? please do not say root directory as I do not how or where this is.

Help would be appreciated, before I quit the whole thing. Thanks

Re: Expert help required

Originally posted by nbrown View Post
    and finally can I place info in the Html section under view on the menu bar, I need to place
    Allow: /

where do i place it? please do not say root directory as I do not how or where this is.
    Allow:
    Disallow:
    Sitemap:

These are robots.txt/sitemap.xml lines of coding, and nothing to do with placing it in your Page HTML.
    Refer to this thread for details > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/new...-new-post.html

If in fact you are in the Google Webmaster section and are trying to insert HTML coding for the sitemap tag as would be seen in a typical HTML-code based website composed in Dreamweaver, for example, you are not copying the proper code nor placing it in the right place.
    YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO SUCH PAGE CODE INSERTION WITH BLUE VODA WEBSITES!

You merely should create both a robots.txt and a sitemap.xml file, mirror the instructions in each, and then upload them wholly to your public_html/ directory for proper SE interaction. Do not mess with the page code of any Blue Voda web page.
    Review This Tip > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/348521-post2.html
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X