Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still cannot get web page to move down while in edit mode!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still cannot get web page to move down while in edit mode!

Hi

I have been working on my website and while I am in edit mode, I can't scroll the page down any further to put more text and pictures. I've hit the enter key, used the scroll bar, arrows and nothing has worked. Someone told me to right click on my page and make the page height bigger, which I did, and this still didn't help. Can someone please let me know if there is anything else I can do?

Also, after I publish my pages, they look fine. Here is my url in case you need it: www.kneffphotography.com and I'm working on my Retouch link page.

Thank you

Re: Still cannot get web page to move down while in edit mode!

In Blue Voda:
    VIEW > PAGE PROPERTIES > (set options)
    - Set page width no wider than 960
    - Set Page height as needed, being aware that scrollbars will not show unless something is in fact placed on the page below the visible area in your workpane or on a monitor resolution both!
    I suggest you set your page height at 1000, so that way you do in fact have the ability to "scroll" and to place your objects lower than the defaulted view in the Blue Voda Workpane, and if necessary, you can lengthen it using the same process as required.

Also review these posts > Page scroll in BlueVoda not working in a form and Page Height to help add to your understanding the concepts regarding page size.

Review, Absorb, and Become Familiar With The TUTORIALS Which Detail EVERY Aspect of Using Blue Voda effectively!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi again

I did what you asked again. I've got my width at 1024 and height at 1040. It was 1024X768. I then added a lightbox to my page at the bottom. I could only see half of the top two photo's and none of the rest. I couldn't even put my home button at the bottom. I consider a lightbox with photo's added a placeholder, correct? I just wanted to make sure. I'm just not understanding why it won't scroll down any more. I have read everything that pertains to getting my page up and went through all the tuts and I also went to the other page you sent me to where someone else was having the same problem. I'm sorry. I don't like to bother people with petty questions, but since the answers I'm getting aren't working, I thought maybe there was something else I could do.
      Thank you!!

Comment

my width is 768 and height is 1040..srry, got the numbers wrong. Still don't work tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          Set your page page length to whatever you wish in Blue Voda (via Page Properties) to allow scrollbars to be present, but keep in mind the page when published will only display to the default length unless there is an element (or something to act as a "placeholder") at a lower depth to scroll to.
          Read the above a few times to let it sink in ...
          Change the height of your page to 1500 in Page Properties via VIEW > PAGE PROPERTIES
          Click to create a new textbox.
          Since the font color is black already, leave it alone and simply move the textbox to a fair distance underneath any element on your page, to the very bottom position. This will be your "placeholder" to tell the page where to automatically trim it.

If you are still having difficulties after doing this, there is definitely a User issue that is not being mentioned that is core to any difficulties you are experiencing.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili's instructions are quite correct. Just increase the page height to be able to scroll down the page while in the BlueVoda workarea.

Please note that the height value does NOT affect the page whan published or previewed, the actual height is defined by the content and only by the content.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X