X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login System Problem

I have created the database.

Put it in the same file as the pages.

Have check double checked, copied and pasted the db name making sure everything is spelled correctly.

Have tried:

./public_html/folder/usersdb.php (this was copied from the the path provided when creating the db)

./
    ../
    ./folder/db.php

Still get: User database not found!

I checked the db and saw that a user was created, I even recieved an email telling me about that my account has been set up.

There was no indication after I hit submit that I was successful...I still got: User database not found!

Where am I going wrong here?

Re: Login System Problem

Provide the URL of the domain hosted at VodaHost so we can have a better look.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Comment

So Steven .... I don't get it.
        1. You have employeepraise.com thru VH and hosted on VH, but this VINE page, is this another "client" website or what?
        Reason being is you have nested this within a directory of employeepraise.com and as such, it has peculiar protocols as a result.
        2. Is there more to this VINE other than this single page?

Comment

The VINE is my project. I am keeping it "undercover" while I am building it. Once finished. I'll be ordering a new url then opening up for business. In order to enter site one would have to register.

Yes there are several more pages, this is just the registration page. Once registered they would be referred to the login page, the login in page will refer to the landing page, what I call the Presentation Center. From there the "attendee" can find the presentations they want to view by categories.

Are you saying it would work if I just put the page directly in public_html?

Comment

I just tried putting the page and db in public_html... Same results as before.

Comment

You have gone about this the wrong way.
              First of all, if you intend to password protect a single page, you do not need to create a DB or implement the full script, or did you not see this prominently written in the preamble and in so many posts in the Forums?
              If, however, you wish to use some of the features of the full script, then you will have to create a DB and format as described in the Tutorial in detail (step-by-step, which prevents you from fouling it up!).

Personally? It sound to me as if you would benefit by having your pages in a protected Directory, meaning all pages beyond the "intro" page are accessible only by password protection. And, to make this a whole lot simpler and to the letter according to the instructions and the processes involved, it would be better to acquire your domain now, install it as an add-on, and properly configure your site design without having to duplicate it alter (which may mess everything up again). It you want to "keep it under wraps" you can install and continually update a robtos.txt file which will create no-cache rules for the SE's. The remainer of traffic depends on who you tell the site is there or not.
              So much for real logistics ....

How are you publishing these pages you have created? By using the Publish command from within Blue Voda, correct? It is hopeless to attempt to publish them any other way, as PHP or HTML (i.e. FTP) and you must be sure to have the proper extensions on each page!

You are simply missing some of the steps in the Tutorial ..... you really need to study it and follow it to the letter.

Comment

Got it working. Thanks.

I will take your advice and get the url.

Comment

...and on we go!

Comment

Working...
                  X