Have Questions, Problems ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about uploading a file from your website to database

Hi my cpanel username is skylinec and my url is www.skylinecustomguitars.com

the webpage i want to ask about looks like http://www.skylinecustomguitars.com/...nt_page_03.php

The problem is that i want a user to be able to upload a .doc, docx or pdf file. I have tried to use the upload a file button on bluevoda but it doesnt seem to work. Any suggestion?

Thanks
    Jeremy

Comment

Re: Questions and Problems ...

Suggestions??? Follow directions ... precisely ... without deviation, without embellishment, without interpretation.

The "File Upload" function is added as a simple email FORM field:
      1. INSERT > FORM > FILE UPLOAD
      2. Make sure the 'File Upload' "button" (like all other elements of the email Form page, i.e. Submit button, Message Fields, etc.) are positioned well within the margins of the single Form Area.

> TUTORIAL: Creating an email Form within BlueVoda

* You are aware that instructing visitors to "copy and paste" a document into a Message Field is irregular, and will cause issues, yes?
      You're better off having clients opt to either upload a document complete, or fill in specific answer fields (however many or however long the Form turns out to be) to send as a regular email Form.

And, you do not seem to understand that you cannot have a FORM submitted properly if it is spread out across 3 different pages: the SUBMIT function "actions" each Form Area in which it is placed singly (one Form Area per Submit = one complete email) ... your idea to have a Form laid out all nice and pretty as 3 pages is total disconnect, for to rename the Submit button as "Next" will not dually progress the pages and Submit the Form whatsoever. As mentioned a few posts earlier, it is best to have your Form (and your page) be as long as necessary to include all the answerable fields required to remain a single email, a single submission if they do not opt to upload a resume instead (1 Form Area = 1 Page = 1 Email).

Did your friend, or even Larry tell you that I called? I was hoping to offer some personal assistance to get quickly to real solutions ...
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Yes he did tell me that you called thank you for that Can you tell me a good time to call you if it is possible for you to help us with

Comment

Anytime ... I am always available.
          But, make it today sometime, as I am in the process of moving and am going offline for 2 weeks later tonight.

If you don't reach out for some help when it's available, keep in mind ALL your "issues" are a result from you not paying close enough attention to the Tutorials and Forum threads, not being precise in implementing the directions, or from improperly 'interpreting' concepts ... without first fully understanding them, which every step in your progress requires. There is no need to belabor posting these "issues" any longer to the Forums when you should be able to get predictably superior results following the basics instructions everyone else does to properly manage the core and solid principles that are the foundation of the BlueVoda Skillset. If you can overcome this predisposition, this singular handicap, you likely will unleash your potential and succeed in using BlueVoda to create a website worthy of praise!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X