Page height and width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Page height and width

Hi while iv got you computer whizz ppl's attention!!! Could you please tell me when im in the page properties section i noticed it asks you for a title, i used my site name is that correct? Do i use the same name for every page on my website e.g mysite for every title? Sorry to be a pain! Watched thr video again but it didnt say!

Thanks

Nicole

Comment

Hi,
      you must call every page you create a differrent name & the home page should be called index. Then you have to link them together. If you called all pages the same, when you upload to the site it will over write the page with the same name & you would only have one page to your site.
      so when you create the page, go to file & click on save page as. Then give it a name.
      The 1st page that every one see's you should call this index, (This means Home) as this is the 1st page a search engine looks for after it has found your site address.

Cheers.

Chris.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris yeah i did that, i was meaning when you go into page properties it asks you for a title? Is it the same as when you go to file and save it? I noticed it when i sorted out my last problem with the height and width? Its on that same page.

Hope you dont mind all the questions?!

Nicole

Comment

It' where you give the page a name - this shows at the top of the screen when someone views your page on the internet. You could use something like My Site - Home Page for your home page, where My Site is the name of your website.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by nicole
            Hi while iv got you computer whizz ppl's attention!!! Could you please tell me when im in the page properties section i noticed it asks you for a title, i used my site name is that correct? Do i use the same name for every page on my website e.g mysite for every title? Sorry to be a pain! Watched thr video again but it didnt say!

Thanks

Nicole
            Nicole,

A little tip for you...

Don't give your website name as your page title!!

Let me explain... I have a wedding dress wholesaler website called aurenteni.com, if I put Aurenteni in my page title, the search engine will find this word first. Now, know one is going to type into a search engine "aurenteni" when looking for wedding dresses. So I named my page titles "wedding dress wholesaler". When people type these words or similar into Google or MSN the search engines find me on page ONE because I have these words in my page title. Can I have a look at your website and what you are selling? Maybe I could help you choose a title for your pages

Ramsey
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Sounds like you are not creating a new page for your site (IE is it called untitled).
              When you want to create a new page, click on the symble for new page. (looks like a white oblong bit of paper, top left of screen). you will now have a clean page to work on called untiteled1/2/3/4?. Now click file & save as? (give it a name) & press save. anything you place on that page will be save as IE (give it a name.html) on your site.
              PS. Dont think you can change the file name under page propertys, this should only be done under (save page as)

Good luck. You cant damage anything as long as you dont go into your sites admin panel & start deleating the wrong thing.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi thanks for all your replies. Ramsey my site isnt published yet, but the site is a real estate website for property in Turkey, so for my index page i have given the title in page properties, real estate. Should i name all my pages this in page properties or for example my next page is for property so should the title be just property?

Chris, thanks i have already filed and saved my pages as index etc.

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to help me! This is my first time building a website and its harder than i thought!

Nicole

Comment

For the titles of pages that will show in the blue browser - if you are hoping to have se's find you - and particularly if you're selling anything - the first words should be the best keywords for THAT page. If you want to start branding your own name, then you can add your name. For example - say I have a page selling kids clocks - which I will on my new site - I will title that page: Kids Clocks | Children's Personalized Clocks at name of site.

Hope that helps you. But those titles ARE read by the se's. Do not let your title go over 96 characters, and try not to use words like the, and, or etc.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi thanks thats a big help, i have now given all my pages a good title.

Nicole

Comment

Working...
                    X