Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting variuos error 404 pages....BUT its odd???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting variuos error 404 pages....BUT its odd???

I have a website www.statuesofremembrance.com however when I go to certain items in my catalogue and then use the 'menu bar' it takes me to the 404 error page HOWEVER the address comes up as www.statuesofremembrance.com/www,statuesofremembrance.com/index ??

The links are exactly the same as other menu bars in the rest of the site, however these take you to the page you are requesting. Because they are all the same links (in page properties), I can not understand how this can be remedied.

As a second point I was advised by a pc user that instead of putting the complete link address ie: www.statuesofremembrance.com/index.html (eg) since they all come from the same location I would be wise to just put the link as index.html (eg) as this would help to speed up the downloading of the page ......So I am again a little confused ad any advise (especially on the 1st topic I would be greatful as I seem to be getting loads of traffic to this page.

As a third point (more out of interest as I will ask later if necessary0, but I would like to know what the differece between a page load and a hit.
    Mar 2006
    Unique
    Visitors
    No of visits

Pages

Hits

Apr 2006181 266 728 7583May 2006189 278 508 5557

Please could someone explain the figures above to me.

Your time is appriciated.

Paul
    A Monumental Finale.

Re: Getting variuos error 404 pages....BUT its odd???

Paul,
    I see one example of your pages not linking http://www.statuesofremembrance.com/...npedestal.html
    Did you check your spelling, periods and commas, in each link? Did you save before publishing each page?
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
    X