X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PHP question

Hi NavalDesign,

Thanks very much for the rapid reply.

As they are created in your explanation and are accesible through FTP, can they be copied or transfered to my computer in the ".html" / ".php" format?

Bearing this also in mind when would one create .php files rather than .html and how do they differ specifically to one another. I ask this question so as to know which is the better way to develop pages going forward.

Regards
    ROb
    Kind Regards
    Rob
    www.gnjgf.co.za
    www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Yes, you can transfer the html or php files back to your computer. But why would you do that ?

PHP is only for php pages. If you have some php scripting in your pages, then you need to publish them as php. Otherwise html is ok
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,

There is no specific reason other than curiosity. I dable with other sites and programmes and would merely like to know.

If this is possible please tell me how?

The other thing I am trying to find out - Is there a method I can download BV to disc (the program) so that I have a bootable copy?

Is there a way of saving the whole webdesign in its whole to disc as backup?

If I start desiging another site will it affect anything I have currently done?

So many questions.

Regards
        ROb
        Kind Regards
        Rob
        www.gnjgf.co.za
        www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

You can download the html files directly from the server using FTP.
          No bootable copy is possible. Befor ANY programm can run under windows, it needs to be installed (and, by doing so, declared to the OS (windows in this cae)

You can save all of your website work on a memory stick or burn a CD or save it another disk (if you have more than one) just as you would do for any other file. MAke sure to also save the images.
          A good tip is to have a "myimages" folder inside your BV folder, and save all the images there, just in case you need to restore from your backup.

No, creating a new website will not affect anything. Create a new folder, inside your BV folder, called i.e. "site2" and save all the files of the new site in there, so there will be no conflict with eventually same name files of the first site.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: HTML / PHP question?

HI Navaldesign,

I publish my page as per normal (call it rob.html or rob.php) when I go to FTP I do not see the file - with the extension .html or .php

How do I do about finding this file?

I do realise that .bvp is a format we use here. Is there a way to save the file in .html or .php format without publishing but yet having the desired effect.

Regards
            ROb
            Kind Regards
            Rob
            www.gnjgf.co.za
            www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Re: HTML / PHP question?

Originally posted by Rob (SA)
              HI Navaldesign,

I publish my page as per normal (call it rob.html or rob.php) when I go to FTP I do not see the file - with the extension .html or .php

How do I do about finding this file?

I do realise that .bvp is a format we use here. Is there a way to save the file in .html or .php format without publishing but yet having the desired effect.

Regards
              ROb
              1. If you have published it, it MUST be there.
              2. You can view the page html and copy the code, paste it in Notepad, and Save As . However, most bv pages, have some dynamic features related to built in functionalities (links, drop downs, galleries etc). Those will only work when the page is published, as some parts of the code are uploaded automatically (but in separate files) when you publish. By just copying the code, all of these will remain out, so they will not work. Also images, will not appear as by copying/pasting the code, there is not the path to the images, nor the images themselves.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,

Thanks for your quick reply as usual - I hope you are keeping well

Regards
                Rob
                Kind Regards
                Rob
                www.gnjgf.co.za
                www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Re:Form submission

Hi Naval,

This might not be the correct thread but I have a question /s for you (again)

I am really getting much better in developing my site and with your help I know I will get to a final acceptable product.

I have created a page http://www.gnjgf.co.za/application.php that can be veiwed currently.

A) I would to get the website to submit that page as it stands in a completed form (i.e.with all the relavant spaces filled in) to my email.

B) The information that is entered on this form I would eventually like to get to a database?

I know we have chatted previously about some of this- Is it difficult to learn and do by myself ? and does BV have all the facilities to be able to see this through to the end

Kind Regards
                  Rob
                  Kind Regards
                  Rob
                  www.gnjgf.co.za
                  www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

If you use ABVFP it will email you the form info. It can also store the info in a database table.

You don't need to learn anything for doing this.

Viewing the info, from the database, is an entirely different thing. You can view the info (with many difficulties) through your CP, MySQL section, phpMyAdmin. However, phpMyAdmin was NOT designed for browsing and extracting info from the database, it is more a database management tool.
                    To view the info easily, and be able to sort it, search it, edit, etc. you need a cutom made script, that allowes to do so.

Doing it in BV? Yes, you could, i suppose, but only after learning a lot about php, MySQL, and how to combine the above with BV. Say some momths of work, starting from zero.

You know my contact details if you need something.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Re: FORM submission

Hi Navaldesign,

I have I think made the form for membership application as per your tutorial.

However when submitting I get no response of any kind.

Is there then something wrong with the script or is it going to a place I cannot veiw.

http://www.gnjgf.co.za/application.php is the place where this form can be veiwed.

Regards
                      Rob
                      Kind Regards
                      Rob
                      www.gnjgf.co.za
                      www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

I have seen your form, there are some problems, but those would not prevent it from submitting.
                        So i suppose it is your script.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Re: FORM submission

Hi Navaldesign,

You mention a few problems? Please would you expand on that - that I may make it better.

Would you care to look at the script for me please?

Obviously I have other pages that are similar and I would therefor have to go through a similar process - so informing me of the error/s would help a great deal.

Regards
                          ROb
                          Kind Regards
                          Rob
                          www.gnjgf.co.za
                          www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Re:Photo & text

Hi George,

Maybe not the right thread.

When we do our posting I notice the following:
                            Your photograph is next to your name - how do I get mine to the same position?

On the same postion as my current photo I see text that says warn % - what is this about and why is it only on my tab?

Thanks for your help

Regards
                            Rob
                            Kind Regards
                            Rob
                            www.gnjgf.co.za
                            www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Your checkboxes all have the same name: ORINARY
                              In the Contact Details, the fields are named "Number"
                              In the Badges & Ties box, the second checkbox can't be clicked. (in IE) because it is probably covered by something.

Then, if you want to have some security built in in your form, you need to set filed lenghts. If you are going to use ABVFP then you have to use the field name extensions also for telling the script what kind of fields it must create in the database.

However, this is a form containing 33 fields. Viewing this amount of info without a database interface, through phpMyAdmin, could become somewhat hard.....

As for the php script, yes, post it here and either me or Andy or David will have a look. But if you need a free script to store the info in the database, then ABVFP is your only option.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Re: Photo & text

Originally posted by Rob (SA)
                                Hi George,

Maybe not the right thread.

When we do our posting I notice the following:
                                Your photograph is next to your name - how do I get mine to the same position?

On the same postion as my current photo I see text that says warn % - what is this about and why is it only on my tab?

Thanks for your help

Regards
                                Rob
                                For the pic: go in your User control Panel, and click on Edit Avatar. Follow the instructions.

Warn: this is the warning scale: moderators and admin can warn members for improper postings or behaviour. Every user only can see his own warning icon. And, as long as it is 0%, means that you are ok.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X