Rob
    Kind Regards
    Rob
    www.gnjgf.co.za
    www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Re: FORM submission

Hi George,

Thanks for the highlighters on the form - I will go about and ammend them.

I actually thought I was using ABVFP when creating this form.

I have posted the script below, it seems like such a huge task - I hope it helps.

Regards
      ROb

Code deleted by Navaldesign
      Kind Regards
      Rob
      www.gnjgf.co.za
      www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Re: PHP question

Rob, what you have posted was your form page code. The action script, is a totally different thing, and it is not even to be included in this page. Please download the ABVFP and read the Word file in the folder "Tutorial"
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

HI George,

Nearly through the installation of ABVFP. Steps 1-7 complete.

Step 7 - i did not add an additional user and the database reads as eghfya_ABVFP.

I have tried to type http://www.oryan-projects.com/ABVFP/dbts_install.html to complete step 8 but no success.

I then tried with then name eghfya_ABVP instead of ABVFP still no success.

what is the step to follow now?

Regards
          Rob
          Kind Regards
          Rob
          www.gnjgf.co.za
          www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

The correct would be http://www.oryan-projects.com/ABVFP/dbts_install.php not html. Do i have a mistake in the Tutorial ? if yes, please let me know.

However, i tried to find it, and i can't. You have by chance deleted everything trying to start from scratch ?

The correct database is eghfya_ABVFP and the user should be eghfya_username. Click on the red icons in the installation wizard to get a popup with help.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi George,

Thanks for the reply - the Tutorial says .html - I willtry the .php method

Regards
              Rob
              Kind Regards
              Rob
              www.gnjgf.co.za
              www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Hi George,

I tried the .php route - no luck here either

Regards
                Rob
                Kind Regards
                Rob
                www.gnjgf.co.za
                www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Re: ABVFP

Hi George,

When all else fails - start again.

I have done that and we have progressed to the installation page:

We get the following error:

dbts_ABVFP_install1.php Line 289: Invalid Query: INSERT command denied to user 'eghfya_fmp'@'localhost' for table 'ABVFP_Forms' Please contact support at info @ dbtechnosystems. com

I trust this means something to you and that you can help.

Regards
                  ROb
                  Kind Regards
                  Rob
                  www.gnjgf.co.za
                  www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

You are using the user created for the database of FMP but you have probably NOT added this user to the database of ABVFP
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Hi George,

Progress - I have managed to submit the form but cannot see a result. I get into the ABVFP site and go through the relavant steps filling info on the "autoresponder" sheet.

CLicked on memorise settings.

Do I know move forward and design a form or does it automatically select my previous form and make modifications to the database?

I was also expecting to get info back from my email rob@oryan-projects.com but nothing.

Oh by the way I dont actually spend my whole day at the computer although today it must have seemed like it -thanks again for your support

Regards
                      Rob
                      Kind Regards
                      Rob
                      www.gnjgf.co.za
                      www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

I'm not sure i follow you.
                        1. No result ? what does that mean ?
                        2. No, every form you create has its own ID number, and you must set it up either by configuring it from scratch, or by using the settings of the one you have already configured, as template and only change the settings that need to be different.
                        3. If you don't get any mail, you have done something wrong. Look again at your settings

What's your form URL ?
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Hi George,

I thought by making the submissions in ABVFP on completion of the application form I have previously created - and its sumbission.

I thought I would have received a page similar to my application form with all the data filled in.

Its obviously not that simple - for this character - Ill have to concentrate harder.

My bigger concern is that I dont get any mail that is forarded to rob@oryan-projects.com. Maybe my settings and configuration there to are all not what they should be.

The chicken and the egg scenario - which came first.

I guess the email thing needs to be tested first and then the form.

Regards
                          Rob
                          Kind Regards
                          Rob
                          www.gnjgf.co.za
                          www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Rob,

you first need to solve the email problem. I have asked for the form URL, so i can check if the settings of the form are cottect or not. Then i would also need to set up correctly ABVFP to process your form, which i can't do without your loggin details.

Then the email appearance: the email ABVFP sends is a plain text one. The html version of he email that you might have received from my autoresponder, is a special feature only available to paid for installations, which we perform on customer's request. There is no way you can do it with the free version.

Please provide the form URL, so i will at least see if the form is setup correctly.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Hi George,

I have submitted the dat I could on your standard form ,re URL's etc.

I so hope this info will assit you / me to get this form process moving.

The email thing I surpose will follow this receipt of info.

Regards
                              ROb
                              Kind Regards
                              Rob
                              www.gnjgf.co.za
                              www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Re: ABVFP vs Form Make PRO

Hi George,

How does ABVFP compare with Form Maker Pro?

Having downloaded ABVFP I dont want to go and download FMP to end up with the same capabilitites.

Bearing in mind the path we followed yesterday -will this software give me a form as I see it after completion of the required data?

If not is there software available that I can get to give me this effect?

I agrre with you the costs you expressed yesterday are a bit over the mark - hence me looking for alternatives.

The page that I am hoping to create - what term do you use to describe it? Is it a log template?

Thanks for all your patience and all your replies thus far.

Oh last but not least - how do I resolve the emial problem?

Kind Regards
                                ROb
                                Kind Regards
                                Rob
                                www.gnjgf.co.za
                                www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Working...
                                X