Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL Database restore

Howdy folks,

Just curious on how Vodahost assists on the restoration of a mysql database from one server to another.

We have a db that is 61mb and it seems the limit set in myphpadmin is 51mb or so. Tried it anyway and of course it timed out. I have also tried the "BigDump" program that was suggested in another thread, but it gives me a couple of errors and it will not work either. The only way I know how to ensure an almost perfect restore is to do it with shell access, which of course Vodahost does not grant access to users.

I was just curious if anyone else here had any other methods of restoring a db so that we can get our site up and running. I am stuck and cannot do anything else until this happens.

On an added note, we use Vbulletin the same as VodaHost does so im sure you can understand the urgency.

Thank you

Nick

CLIENT ID #19083
    **When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.**
    ¸...¸ ____ /\______
    ,·´º o `, /__/ _/\_ //____/\
    ```)¨(´´ | [1] | | [1]| | |[1] || |l±±±±
    ¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    CLIENT ID #19083

Re: MySQL Database restore

Restore the table structure first, and then insert the contents of the table in multiple queries. Just break it down into a couple groups.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
      Restore the table structure first, and then insert the contents of the table in multiple queries. Just break it down into a couple groups.
      Thanks for the reply Watdaflip. Are you talking about restore the table structure manually? I have 209 tables to do, thats a TON of work. Id rather have this automated. I realize this isnt the largets DB in the world, but its not small either. I have cut it up but have one table that is over the proposed limit. Im not a noob with DB, but not an expert... i know how to do it when it works, but its not working here. Im despirate. Put a ticket in 24 hrs ago here and have not heard one response yet. I dont know what to do.
      ¸...¸ ____ /\______
      CLIENT ID #19083

Comment

Ok, i took your advice and split it up. I was unable to get one table up because again, the dad gum limit. It is not looking good. Ill take a crack at it tomorrow.
        ¸...¸ ____ /\______
        CLIENT ID #19083

Comment

You don't necessarily have to do it table structure and then the contents since you have so many tables.

Try just doing like 20 tables and the contents of those 20 database. This should be within the limit, just do that a couple times until all the tables are restored

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Wat,

I took your advice and was able to restore 97% of the db. I have one table that is 61mb. I made a mistake earlier when I said the entire DB was around 60, that was compressed. Anyhow, I have most of my db restored but this one table. It s the attachment table which is pretty important.
            ¸...¸ ____ /\______
            CLIENT ID #19083

Comment

Ok, its been a week now and I have not been successful in restoring my DB. ive tried almost everyway possible to get it restored. Does anyone have any other ideas on how I can get this done.
              ¸...¸ ____ /\______
              CLIENT ID #19083

Comment

Have you asked voda host via support ticket if they will do this for you?
                could be this would solve your problems.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X