Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database connectivity

HI

I wanna have database connectivity in my website.is it possible to have database ( microsoft access) connectivity for few of my pages in bluevoda?

Re: Database connectivity

Connecting a database to your website is possible, but not with access. Vodahost uses linux servers. MySQL is available, and is one of the most popular databases for websites

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanx for d reply.

If MySql is available in vodahost, then hw do i go about creating a password protected page if i need one in my website,is dat possible in vodahost because i was familiar with microsoft acess databases but not with MySql , if der are scripts available in bluevoda which would help me in creating a password protected page it would be helpful. is dat possible?

reply would be appreciated.

regards
      sarah

Comment

In Cpanel there is a feature called password protected directory. You just select the directory you want password protected, enable it, and then create a username and password for it.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
          In Cpanel there is a feature called password protected directory. You just select the directory you want password protected, enable it, and then create a username and password for it.

Hi der watdaflip

I went through the tutorial n cpanel for password protected directory,i have sumthing unclear over der, suppose i selected a directory and kept it password protected and after i create a username and password for it, so dat means wen a new user clicks on dat particular page which is in dat password protected directory, he/she would b asked to login? doesnt dat mean dey have to register first and den login to visit dat particular page? i am confused over dis part coz der was no registration mentioned in d tutorial .help

Sarah

Comment

Doing it this way there is no registration. The feature only allows you to manually create the users accounts for them.

The advantage to password protected directory is you don't need to add code to each and everyone one of your pages that you want protected like you would if you use a php script, it just protects all the files in the directory. The downside is there is no registration feature.

Register/Login Script

Comment

Working...
            X