joomlas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joomlas

Hi , I need some help please. I've install joomla and stuck on this page.

Can some one tell me where or how can i get the information on the 5 box needed.
    From the top 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.

Thanks You

BTW i cant use the fantastico to install joomla because the directory had been used and the VH fantastico does not let me use it again.
    view at www.flameonsg.com

Re: joomlas

Originally posted by gysmily View Post
    BTW i cant use the fantastico to install joomla because the directory had been used and the VH fantastico does not let me use it again.
    view at www.flameonsg.com
    You are wasting your time >> Are you wishing to install this into a directory already loaded with another website or utility?

If so, then you need to understand that each directory can have only one index page, be it for a website, a forum, a shopping cart (like Soholaunch or osCommerce) or a CMS installation like Joomla. You need to create another sub-directory for this domain if you wish it to be associated with a single domain within a single account, and establish simple navigation to make it all come together.

You would be doing yourself a favor by visiting the Official Joomla Website, and becoming familair with the Support Resources for this utility (very limited support is available here in VodaTalk). Right smack on the front page of Support you will find detailed instructions for manual installation (if you insist, but you can try it 100 times to the same end!).
    * Remember, Joomla is a database installation, not as simple as uploading pages to a website. If you cannot use Fantastico! to install into a separate directory, you will need to contact VodaHost Support via a Support Ticket (link in my signature below).

The Joomla Forum has a lot of step-by-step installations helps (do a "search").

Again....there is no reason why installing Fantastico! would not be possible --- unless you are trying to load two applications in a single directory, which is not possible. During the Fantastico! installation process, simply enter a name for the directory you wish to automatically create (usually the second box from the top on installation page), and it will be installed properly in that new sub-directory for you.......no neded to manually create anything.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You need to go into cpanel and create the database, and then a user for the database (remember to link the user to the database once both are created). That will give you the first 4. The 5 is options, it is just a prefix, leave it as what it is and it will be fine

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks for the tip guys. Appreciate it.
        By the way vas, the domain name is new and the reason why the fantastico does not allowed me to upload joomla becaused earlier, i've upload mambo and then deleted it.
        Altough i've deleted everything including the mysql, it still doesnt allow me to upload it on the same location which is in the public folder.

Again Thanks all

Comment

Working...
        X