No announcement yet.

phpbb... How do I personalize my forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb... How do I personalize my forum?

I added a forum from BlueVoda, in fact, I think it's this same format. It works, it was easy to add, but when I go to edit and add a logo, it seems I must do it with code. I do not see any other option. Anyone? Thank you in advance, and if you have solved one of my other issues, that you for that as well. -df

www.187motorsports.com

Re: phpbb... How do I personalize my forum?

Thought I would jump in on this thread...I would like to pop my logo banner into the spot where the php logo is on my forum index page. Could someone point me in the right direction in the forums for this info, or just give me a good shove in the right direction? Thanks much! Learning this stuff a piece (or is that a "parse"?) at a time!
    Sincerely,
    Farmboyzim
    www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com

Comment

Guess no one knows how to change the logo in the php forums. Thanks anyway.
      Sincerely,
      Farmboyzim

Comment

Ok this is the thread I should ask my question on. Does anyone know where I may find the link to have my own forum? Thanks
        Diane
        www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Comment

Originally posted by farmboyzim View Post
          Thought I would jump in on this thread...I would like to pop my logo banner into the spot where the php logo is on my forum index page. Could someone point me in the right direction in the forums for this info, or just give me a good shove in the right direction? Thanks much! Learning this stuff a piece (or is that a "parse"?) at a time!
          Open your forum folder in FTP client, than go to templates folder and open the template you want to use.

After that open the file overallheader.php in any program (like Dreamweaver or any freeware program like notepad). Place your logo instead of the default one. Than save it on the server with exactly the same name. (don't forget to upload your logo to the server).

That's the simpliest way to personolize phpbb... You can also change css styles there...

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I already have a forum in place on my site, so I don't think there is any need to go into the Templates.

I looked throughout my forum files and could not find anything called "overallheader.php". Is this a generic name for a folder or an actual name. I have very little experience with php. Thanks
            Sincerely,
            Farmboyzim

Comment

Its a filename. The entire layout of the forum is controlled by the template files including the logo. You don't necessarily have to edit the template or the code to change the logo, you could simply create your new logo, and overwrite the current one the forum uses.

The template file mentioned should be in something like

public_html/forum_directory/templates/sub_silver/overall_header.tpl

The logo itself should be stored somewhere like

public_html/forum_directory/images/logo.jpg

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
              X