Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to display database records on screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to display database records on screen?

Thank you, though it has ben Watdaflip to point the above.

Didn't see the other thread, will look now.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

phew! i dont even know where and what is WAMP?
      where

Comment

phew! i dont even know where and what is WAMP?
        where in cpanel should i disable or enable this?
        maybe thats causing this.

(i've not done programming for loooong time now, i was good at it before... oh what a shame!)

thanks, i appreciate it.

Comment

WAMP is an environment to run essentially a webserver locally on your own computer. Mainly so you don't need to have access to the internet to develop a project. It an abbreviations for Windows, and the three environments int includes Apache, MySQL, PHP. It doesn't have anything to do with the problem you are having, you don't need it, you don't need to know anything about it if you don't want to.

EDIT:

I'm not sure if you are refering to enabling/disabling smart tags, or register_gloabals.. but either way its isn't done though cpanel, and either way for you they are already set as they should be.

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I want to know how to configure php.ini and where is located in my site.
            I will appreciate this info in order to start learning and writing php scripts
            Victor
            My Website

Comment

The php.ini file is NOT in your site but in one of the server's root paths, and it's values are set by the VH staff. It is NOT advisabble that you mess with local php.ini files as it seems that you don't have the necessary knowledge and experiense. You don't even need to modify it, in order to load and run 99% of the common php scripts.
              If there are specific tasks that you need to accomplish, post your requirements and i will see to provide you a specific script for that purpose, if it is within the limits allowed by the VodaHost TOS
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hi there again.
                goodnews first, i have progress with log-in screen and displaying records. After so much readings, trial and errors, still can't find answers to the following questions :

1. How to display submission_date with format mm/dd/yy, as it is now it shows May 23, 2008. I ve gone thru the php manuals and read some thread but no luck. i still get errors. if someone can show me the syntax to echo this field with mm/dd/yy format, greatly appreciated.
                2. How to limit the size of the of the field displayed. Seems like echo <td WIDTH=50> dont work. for example a field with length of 500, but to display only the first 50 characters. kind of equivalent to substr in VB.
                3. How to select 2 tables using 2 match keys, joining them together. one table is master where if none found in other table, it will still display that record. Appreciate any sample codes, please.
                4.How to limit records on a screen page, sample codes please...

well, i still have other issues but this is it for now.

hope to hear from anyone, thanks.

Comment

hi there.
                  i think i have the answers to #1,2,4 of the above so please dont bother responding to them. Im still struggling with #3 issue but progressing, appreciate any inputs. thanks.

Comment

hi there again.
                    why do i have this error when the page is displayed:
                    "Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started
                    at /home/rhidsrn/public_html/GHM/ProfileMain.php: in /home/rhidsrn/public_html/GHM/ghm_conn.php on line 41"

On all of the php pages I put:
                    require_once "ghm_conn.php";

line 41 is session_start();

I tried to take this out on "ghm_conn_next.php" for the next page to open up but it will not populate or the text fields will be blank.

The following is the ghm_conn.php:

<?
                    $db_host = "localhost";
                    $db_username = "rhidsrn_maryfil";
                    $db_password = "xx"
                    $db_name = "rhidsrn_ABVFP";
                    $script_dir = "GHM";
                    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////
                    //connect to the database server
                    $connection = mysql_connect($db_host, $db_username, $db_password) or die(mysql_error());

//select database
                    $db = mysql_select_db($db_name, $connection);
                    session_start();
                    if(!empty($script_dir))
                    {
                    $dir = "/".$script_dir;
                    }
                    $t = time();
                    ?>

I appreciate any help, thanks.

Comment

session_start() needs to be executed before any output, whether it is echo'd or just normal html code. You just have to move session_start() to be before any output.

Register/Login Script
                      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks, Watda.
                        It works!

Comment

Working...
                        X