Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Installing new php templates

Originally posted by rcmaddawg
    Ok all done Alien, sorry had to run out and get groceries...family seems to think they are always starvin...LOL
    I know what you mean i've got 6 kids and there like bottomless pits.
    right the next bit i will E-mail to you through the email on your site.
    i have to change one of the files so the links will work.
    all i need from you is the full URL of the page you want the our site button to go to.
    the email will have the images needed for the buttons and the amended file which will be attached in a zipfile. will do you full instuctions as well.
    this bit is no harder than the last. OK
    if you want me to email to a different address let me know.

Comment

No, the email addy to the site is fine. I have it all working now. The url will be:
      http://www.rcfun4all.com/index.html

But one question for you, I have the forum coming up in a page all on it's own. Should I keep it like that and just add the Tell a Friend button? That makes more sense as they will already have the page open for the site, but then and again, if they are happy clickers they may have closed the site page down, so forget it...we will just do it like you have. That is great. Thanks
      Rcmaddawg
      www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

the two new buttons you will get will have links to pages that are on your web site. if you go to my forum and click them you will taken to my home page and to page that people can fill a form and send your site to a friend . now i what your going to say i have not got a tell a friend page well don't worry about that now we can fix that later. lets get this done then you can move on.
        I will email all you need in about an hour. OK

Comment

ok...thanks so much alien...I would be lost without you. I will just follow what you say. hahaha
          Rcmaddawg
          www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

Well Done, looking really good top notch.

Comment

Aliens Anonymous.... I tried what u suggested from Angie's Cybertscript...and I thought I understood everything except my forum doesn't show up in the public_html files when I open my FTP files->public_html->(forum)....I even tried deleting some of the old files as Racefan said to someone in a post but many of my folders in public_html files dont even show up in FTP....:( only 3 folders show...when there should be alot more. I know you've guided others in the right path....can you or someone with the knowledge pls help me?...

I am currently using a 'free' forum but if BV provides us with one i'd like to use it without the ads :)

Thanks so much

Comment

Vodahost offers free phpbb forums, if you go to your cpanel and look for the big blue smile bottom row, (Fantastico) then on the left scrole down to the phpBB2, Click, then click new Installation , fill in the info and click install phpBB2. Your forum will then be installed along with it's database ( no adverts no there )
                any problems get back.

Comment

I have installed it already....my problem is not being able to find the forum folder in my public_html when I open FTP....actually many folders that are in my CP public_html are not showing up in FPT...I already deleted soem unused files but I just cant seem to get it.....pls
                  help me!!

Comment

Sorry I didnt explain that clear enough....

I want to add a new theme (to the new forum) which I have already downloaded but my problem is not being able to find the forum folder in my public_html when I open FTP so I can copy from the folder I downloaded into the FTP files....actually many folders that are in my CP public_html are not showing up in FPT...I've read most of your posts on the subject but I am stuck at transfering...since I cant find the "forum" on my ftp.

Another question, does the new 'theme' have to uploaded into the public_html folder->forum->template?
                    help me pls

Comment

1/ has your vodahost account been activated as the link you have doesn't work.
                      2/ when you installed phpBB2 though Fantastico what in the first is a dropdown box what domain name did it show . and in the second box what did you type in there.

Comment

I figured it out Aliens! thanks so much....it seems I had to delete some of the files in my ftp....those bv buttons were taking up so much space! as soon as i deleted them all my folders showed up lol. Now I gotta restore them :S.

Thanks for all yoru help!

Comment

Working...
                        X