php help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: php help

I have changed as suggested and now get the parse error as shown below.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home2/kellscom/public_html/tellafriend.php on line 21
    Pete
    www.kellyholidays.com

Comment

hadn't noticed before but....

$mail->Subject = "$subject, $name\n";

Usually variables are seperated by a comma as shown above. Try correcting that on your script.

Where did you get this script from?

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I have inserted a comma but get the same error.

I downloaded it from the forum. I think it was authored or posted by navman
        Pete
        www.kellyholidays.com

Comment

Ok-
          Having looked at that download- this;
          $mail->From = $info@kellyholidays.com; // Your emailin your account

Should be;
          $mail->From = $youremail; // Your emailin your account

where $yourmail refers to the variable $yourmail from your form. Leave it exactly as it is- do not change $yourmail

You will not need to put- true in " " as I had thought earlier and per Naval's script- do not seperate the variables $subject $name with a comma.

Hope that helps

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Correct, $youremail must remain as is. And please don't change the code, it will not work. Also change the hidden field of the message, you surely do not want the messahe sent to be: "I found this site very interesting. To visit it, click on www.navaldesign.info "
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks
              Naval what should I change in the class.phpmailer.php. I'm on a steep learning curve here but enjoying. Thanks for the help.

Peter
              Pete
              www.kellyholidays.com

Comment

Okay, I am getting there. When I submit the form the message is sent no problem but I get this error message even though it all seems okay:

Not Found

The requested URL /returnpage.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
                Pete
                www.kellyholidays.com

Comment

I have looked at your site- and I cannot find the 'returnpage.html'

Make sure that you have published it to the server and that the name you called it matches that in the script.

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

"returnpage.html" is an example title of the page you want the visitor to be redirected after the submission. You have to change it to whatever page name you wish, f.e. your home page, or a thankyou page that you can create and publish.

I also allowed myself to delete your email and password and username from the script.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

All done and working fine.
                      Thanks to everyone for helping. It is great to know that there is a community that is helpful to the extent you all are.
                      Thankyou.

Kamoto
                      Pete
                      www.kellyholidays.com

Comment

Working...
                      X