Php Email problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Php Email problems

Yeah I am. I am 1/2 Greek (Dad) and 1/2 Puerto Rican (Mom). Lived in the US most of my life.
    Thanks,
    Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net
    mailto: stratis.constas@holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Cool, we are having a clan here!
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Clan, nice.
        Thanks,
        Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

I am still having the same problem. My website has now been converted to Vodahost. I am able to run a php calander (download by cpanel). No problems. Calender @ (http://holleyjohnson.net/phpcal/week.php)

I see the form output, but no email? Do I need to turn an option on for php? (no change from original post)

Form: http://www.holleyjohnson.net/contact.html
          phpfile: http://www.holleyjohnson.net/contact.php

Also, is there a tool I could use that checks to see if a script is working properly?

Thanks,
          Stratis
          Thanks,
          Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

No, your account is set up with php, you shouldn't need to do anything. Unfortunately php files are not visible to the browser, so i can't see what's in it. If you want, and if it is different from the one posted above, post it here. If it is as posted, it should work. It did in the page i created for you.

There is no such tool: you simply try and see.

However, it SEEMS to work. Check your email in the script.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks for the help again! I will have to recheck everything.

Quick one. If I put echo commands within PHP do I need to post any other commands to have the echo commands to post on website? I am thinking of seeing if the variables are being posted -> for future work ofcourse <-
              Thanks,
              Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Yes, you can do that. I do it all the time for testing purposes. Click on my signature to see how you can create a preview page of your form with the info filled in, using the echo command.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for the help. I have the email working now. And now have implemented similar scripts to other weblinks. Now, on to something bigger. Database??? :)

Thanks again,
                  Stratis
                  Thanks,
                  Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

I just joined and I know nothing about php. However, I have gone through the tutorials and read some threads on php on this forum and I have decided to give it a try. I am still in the process of setting up my website.

PropertyPatrol TM
                    Learn More Click Car

Comment

There has been help throughout.. So feel free to ask questions whenever you need some help.

This is a good tutorial if you have or haven't checked it out:

Stratis
                      Thanks,
                      Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Thanks for the tutorial. I know it will take me all day to work through all this. When someone posted the mailto: may not work with those who do not have IE that concerned me. About 8% of my site viewers are not IE.

PropertyPatrol TM
                        Learn More Click Car

Comment

Please note that the "mailto: ..." might not work, but it doesn't depend on them using IE or Firefox or other. It purely depends on their mail client settings, and THERE IS NO GUARANTEE that their settings are correct for the form functioning. So, your only 100% garantee option is to use the php script method for processing your form. Don't loose time with anything else.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Also what you face with mailto is the problem with having the user input info that you don't really need and sending it to you. With creating a form you can manipulate the information that you want the way you want.
                            Thanks,
                            Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Working...
                            X