Link Assistant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Link Assistant

Here is where I am up to with getting LA to work. I've been trying to put the code in an html box on page as instructed. Here's the problem - to quote Bethers "No - I'm saying to generate the links pages. These pages then save on your computer. You need to find the files on your computer - do a view source on the page (I use firefox to do this as the view source is cleaner than IE) - then copy and paste the necessary parts into the html box on your site." Well I can go that - I have done it for 2 sites. My problem is when I go to the part on my computer where I have the files saved & try to open one, I am asked what program I need to open it in. Answer is Link Assistant. It opens the file then - but in L.A.! How do I do 'view the source' in LA? I need to be in Internet Explorer or Firefox to do that; & I'm not; I'm in Link Assistant! (You're saying you view the code from the saved files on your computer, please tell me how to do it.)
    Karen also says "to view the source code" & "spelling is usually the error and the extensions". No doubt also correct. The only way I know to get the code is from the uploaded pages - but again I don't know where to find them. To give the exact details for Dinkydi:-

FTP Host ftp.dinkydi.info
    Username chpyqvfa
    Password .............
    Remote dir. Links
    LA says it has successfully uploaded - but I don't know where it is.

Now for Aboriginalarttreasures:-
    FTP Host ftp.aboriginalarttreasures.com
    Username chpyqvfa
    Password ............... (I've made the ftp password of the sub-domain the same as the domain as I wasn't sure which one I needed to use.)
    Remote dir. Links
    Again LA says that it has successfully uploaded.

You said to use ftp.aboriginalarttreasures@dinkydi.info as the address Karen, but I can't get it to upload at all using that address.

The Remote dir. for my gem store is just Links & it's working fine. ( I've put a folder called "Links" in the public domain of both BV stores.) The address for my LA Links page on the gem store which I won't put in because it's breaking the rules has .com/site/1445943/Links/links.html at the end. What would the full address of the Blue Voda stores be? Is there something I need to add to the address to find where they are? Actually all I need is to get the "html" somehow, I don't care how I do it. Thanks for any help you can give.
    www.dinkdy.info
    www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
    www.thegemlovers.com
    www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Re: Link Assistant

I finally found the reason why my Link Assistant pages weren't showing on the web. I didn't know I had to change them to 755.
      www.dinkdy.info
      www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
      www.thegemlovers.com
      www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Working...
      X