Changing password for forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Changing password for forum

Try searching around here http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sta...ity-forum.html or if you can't find your answer just ask.

Or if it's just the skin try reading this. http://www.angies-cyberscripts.org/f...topic.php?t=71

Comment

thanks, alien dude, it was the skin

Comment

managed to get the skin I liked downloaded unzipped it and followed Alien Dude's instructions from his site..nearly there ,but now when I click the FTP icon it displays this message,..
        "Because cuteFTP is past the evaluation period you must restart your web browser in order to restore its FTP link down loading capability as cute FTP will no longer monitor FTP links"
        do not understand this message...any body else come across this problem ,..can see the end in the instructions...aaaaaaaaaa help with this last hurdle,thanks in advance

Comment

Seems pretty simple - get yourself a free ftp manager. Coreftp should fit the bill, click here
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

thanks race fan managed to download the free FTP,,...but still get the same massage when trying to upload the skin,..any more suggestions thanks..

Comment

anyone any suggestions,..where is racefan when you need him,..could do with full instructions to complete this skin problem,..any help will do as I am stumped,..thanks all

Comment

You're getting an error message from CuteFTP when trying to use CoreFTP? Sorry if I'm mistaken, but that's the way it sounds.

How exactly are you going about this? You should launch CoreFTP from your desktop or it's program directory, not through your browser.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi Racefan,...sorry about the delayed reply,but got annoyed and give up on the skin and ftp,..I will explain what I did,...
                  I downloaded a skin and unzipped it ,..it gives me a windows box with a file icon(admin)html page..I right click and press the ftp icon ...thats when the message appears....I downloaded the core ftp from your link and saved it to desk top,...after doing this I again went and right clicked the file icon to ftp the file..still cuteftp appears follewed by the message...so I have remove this from my programs hoping that the core would show up on right clicking the mouse,...it does not appear nor the cuteftp,...very lost ,..I am at the last herdle but can not press forward,..will stick at it this time,...thanks all.

Comment

I'm not sure how you're unzipping the files, so I'm going to recommend you go get UltimateZip or WinZip Both are free to download and tryout.

Now, when you download the skin zip file, which ever of the above you chose to use will open a new window giving you the option to unzip the files and save them wherever you'd like on your pc. Save them to a place you'll be able to easily find, such as a folder in My Documents or possibly even your desktop.

Double click the CoreFTP icon to open the program. Once open, you're prompted to enter details for the site. Enter the site_name.com in the first box, and the username and password fields need to be filled with the same info you use when accessing your Cpanel. Click connect and as long as you provided the above properly, you'll see a list open on the right of your screen. Those are all the files on the server. Double click public_html to open it, and you'll now see all the files and folders in that directory, including your forum's folder.

Double click the forum folder to open it and look for a folder labeled 'templates'. Double click to open it.

On the left of your screen, you'll see a list of files on your pc. Navigate to the location to which you unzipped and saved the skin file. Single click on the skin file's folder (don't open it, single clicking selects the entire thing for upload). Now, hit the blue arrow pointing toward the right side of the screen and you'll see the files begin to appear in your templates folder on the server.

Once the transfer is complete, go to your forum's admin panel, scroll down to Style Admin, choose Add and install the skin there.
                    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi there again Racefan,...thanks for the help,...well done as you said in earlier post,..opened the core program entered my site details (including password)..the window on the right appears as you advise but no public_html file?...

winzipped the skin and saved on desktop,..any other advice?thanks

Comment

Anyone any ideas or any thing to suggest!!!!!!!!help needed badly

Comment

Originally posted by webdesigner
                          Hi there again Racefan,...thanks for the help,...well done as you said in earlier post,..opened the core program entered my site details (including password)..the window on the right appears as you advise but no public_html file?...

winzipped the skin and saved on desktop,..any other advice?thanks

What do you see on the right side?
                          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

hey nice to see you back online,....sat about for a good while,...well here goes ,on the right hand side in the windows box there is files which are on my server I believe,..things I have downloaded in the past..but no public_HTML..........hope this helps

Comment

Do you see a set of folders over there? If so, can you please list a few of them?
                              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi Racefan ,...it is only files I have downloaded in the past like motorhome leaflets/brouchers,..there is some files which are;
                                1website
                                advanced system optimize
                                config.Msi
                                documents & settings
                                my documents
                                my downloads
                                my websites
                                temp
                                WINDOWS
                                a few zip files...

????????????????????? can drive a man crazy,..

Comment

Working...
                                X