disabling download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: disabling download

Yes, if the server is making the request for the file it will allow them to view it through the server, but it they make the request with their broswer (IE. typing the location into the address bar) it will not

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip
      Yes, if the server is making the request for the file it will allow them to view it through the server, but it they make the request with their broswer (IE. typing the location into the address bar) it will not
      If I go into Windows Media Player and go open url and copy the file url into the space and and click open does that work if you've chmod'ed to 744?

Comment

No, it wont work. If you restrict the access to only the server with a CHMOD then the only way to access the file is through a server request

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

No, it wont work. If you restrict the access to only the server with a CHMOD then the only way to access the file is through a server request
          Do I attach a file than or an html page with the file on it?

or doesn't it matter?

Comment

You need something on the server side to handle a request for the file, whether it be to download or view. If its just a html link to the file to download that won't work because its the same as a user request

Register/Login Script

Comment

You need something on the server side to handle a request for the file, whether it be to download or view. If its just a html link to the file to download that won't work because its the same as a user request
              How do I make the server request it.

Comment

Either through the media player (to show the file on the site) or with something like a php header request (to have a server request for a download)

Register/Login Script

Comment

Either through the media player (to show the file on the site) or with something like a php header request (to have a server request for a download)
                  But your not suposed to download it.

Comment

Working...
                  X