Embedding a Javascript within an HTML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embedding a Javascript within an HTML

I produced a slide show using Photodex ProGold. When you create the show for your website it creates 2 files - a .px file which contains the slide show and an html file that contains javascript code. both files must be uploaded to my server.

I would like to enhance the look of the html page produced by photodex, but am not sure how to do this. I tried creating a new page in Blue Voda by importing Photodex's html file. I made whatever cosmetic changes to the page and "produced" this page in the usual fashion. When I check my site, the page appears but does not load the slide show. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong or suggest a solution? Thanks

Re: Embedding a Javascript within an HTML

I'm no expert but seeing no-one has come along yet I might offer a suggestion.
    Instead of publishing the page via BlueVoda, try uploading via FTP to your server (after you've created in BV) along with the other associated file. Make sure you have the appropriate file extensions. Can't do any harm. You can always delete them again via Cpanel if they don't work.
    Cheers,

Comment

ftp both files to the server. Then use the flash box under insert advanced I believe it is, and then click on properties of this box and tell it where to locate the flash file.

Size the box according to its display size. Save then publish.. see if it works this way.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

oops i meant javascript, but same process.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by nytwodees View Post
          I produced a slide show using Photodex ProGold. When you create the show for your website it creates 2 files - a .px file which contains the slide show and an html file that contains javascript code. both files must be uploaded to my server.

I would like to enhance the look of the html page produced by photodex, but am not sure how to do this. I tried creating a new page in Blue Voda by importing Photodex's html file. I made whatever cosmetic changes to the page and "produced" this page in the usual fashion. When I check my site, the page appears but does not load the slide show. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong or suggest a solution? Thanks
          You say you wish to enhance the look of the hhtml page produced by photodex. if you mean by this that you wish to make the page look more like your site or add things to it. then the best way is to open the html page in your html editer ( notepad, dreamweaver, etc ) find the lements that are needed in the file that photodex have added, eg any items that go into the head, body tag, and body,etc copy those into a bv page in the same place , eg head to head and so on. any elements in the body can be entered into a html box on the page it's self including flash, as long the right parts of the script are copied no need to resize the flash done this way at the size will go from the flash code inside the html box. when once you have done this and tested , you can then add move what ever you want.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to copy the code from the Photodex html into the correct areas on the Blue Voda page but do not know where to place it. The code does not indicate what areas the code should be placed. The full code from the Photodex html page is as follows:

<script language="javascript" src="http://www.photodex.com/presenter.js"> </script>

<script>

PhotodexObject("ProShow","[object name]","[URL to PX file]",[width],[height]);

PresenterControls("[object name]",[width]);

</script>

Perhaps you can parse this code and indicate what goes where. Thanks

NOTE: This is the generic code - the actual code has my info wherever there are brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by nytwodees View Post
              Thanks for your reply.

I would like to copy the code from the Photodex html into the correct areas on the Blue Voda page but do not know where to place it. The code does not indicate what areas the code should be placed. The full code from the Photodex html page is as follows:

<script language="javascript" src="http://www.photodex.com/presenter.js"> </script>

<script>

PhotodexObject("ProShow","[object name]","[URL to PX file]",[width],[height]);

PresenterControls("[object name]",[width]);

</script>

Perhaps you can parse this code and indicate what goes where. Thanks

NOTE: This is the generic code - the actual code has my info wherever there are brackets.

the first one is placed between the head tag in page properties on bv.
              the second should be able to go into a html box, then placed were you want it. bearing that in mind this should work as long there is no other code that goes anywere else. also doing this sort of thing sometimes does not look pretty when previewing in bv, best to publish to a folder and upload any files that go with it. also it can be a bit of trail and error with putting bits of code into the bv page, i find the best way is to open the origaul html file in my editer and study where each bit of code goes.

i noticed that the first javascript is pointed at there site is that part of the deal them or do you get your own presenter.js file.

Comment

Working...
              X