Need help with installing a flash menu bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with installing a flash menu bar

My domain name creationcupcakes.com. i downloaded a flash menu bar from a third party site and i am having trouble making it work. i am new to this and while i have been able to use blue voda for everything else, i can't seem to figure this one out. i downloaded what i think is the right files to the ftp manager public folder, and have tried loading the menu.swf file to my flash loader through blue voda and adding the xml code to the html loader. i got to admit i am throwing darts in the dark here and trying to read what other people have done... if someone could walk me through this it would be much appreciated.

Re: Need help with installing a flash menu bar

The XML file is the file that will hold all the information about the links in the menu and should be edited and then uploaded by your ftp manager or cpanel to your server where required..
    the swf file can not be added using the flash tool in bluevoda it has to be added using the HTML tool and the right html coding something along these lines.
    HTML Code:
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
     codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
     width="375" height="368" id="CC8519893" align="middle">
    <param name="movie" value="menu.swf"/>
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
    <param name="salign" value="lt" />
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
    <embed src="menu.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="375" height="368"
     name="CoffeeCup" scale="noscale" salign="lt" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
     pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></object>
    This is only an example your code should be in your documentation or a html page.

Paste the code you are given into a html box then resize and position the box as required. then publish your page.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

i don't know exactly what code to import to the html loader, but i tried them all and nothing seem to work. i would just see the code on the screen. my page im testing is www.creationcupcakes.com/test.html. is there any more assistance you might be able to give me?

Comment

Well that defo not the code to use'
        First if you download this package, please list the contents so we have an idea ie.
        page.html
        page.xml
        folder

and so on.
        not knowing or seeing what the full package is it's hard for us to figure out.
        or if all else fails you can zip the package, contact me and ill make a page with the menu on, then you can just copy them into yours.
        Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
        X