Membership Script!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Membership Script!

This may be an old thread but, this happened to me as well, but here is what happened..

I Had uploaded a feedcreator that also used ROR(can't remember details of it because in the end it wasn't worthy of devoting brain cells to it) and ihad to do the same thing..delete all folders and start over and stuff...because it had somekind of linking thing going on...random words in every webpage were turning into linkable text ads...and they aren't supposed to be...these are words on OTHER PEOPLE'S PAGES...EVERYWHERE..so i figured it was in my browser..reinstalled that..no fix..used microsoft...a nice rep stayed on the phone with me for 4 hours while we did some serious diggin....it was a blast
    registry? nope.
    COOKIES!!!! AH HAAA! these product are skeezy marketing tactics...your website's default cookie...and any forums or CMS's you have...

delete all your webpages in your file manager, change your sites default cookie, logout of cpanel, republish, login to cpanel change cookies back..

this did it for me don't know why or if this was the true answer..all i know is that the problem was fixed during these steps

After republishing i had the similar issues
    Robert
    www.GraphXntrix.com
    Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Interesting. I took a look at VodaHost's suggestion, www.amember.com, and I went to the free trial section where they have a downloadable .pdf manuel to their free trial download. I really like how they organized their manuel. They break down alot of different processes into just the right size pieces of information for me. If anyone is looking to get a better understanding of what can be involved when creating a membership-based site, then I recommend taking a look here:

the Adobe pdf is downloadable... keep in mind that its written for aMember, but it definitely helped me put alot of the pieces together!
      Robert
      www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Robert.....

I know that you pay attention to many of the details (obvious or veiled) in many of the posts I have penned, and have indicated in the past that you grasp many of the concepts I direct toward or allude to in hopes others might "pick them up" and see the logistical comformity I attempt to support development thereof.......and it is my hope that in this thread (and others, too) you read between the lines that is always suspect at best and highly risky to implement "forgeign" scripts, utilities, or technologies, as they often create more problems that the superficial solution they purport. You too, discoverd this yourself to a degree (and I venture to say, it will return as not completely being resolved).

Most users of BV and Members of VodaTalk are anything but proficient beyond casual user skills, and certainly not as acceptably capable of implementing any of the technologies so flippantly dealt without formidable installation or configuration problems......that is why you see so many of the same questions and challenges presented here in VodaTalk, and BV is a complete utility!

aMember offers many advanced options to users who invest the time to study and learn the technology available, and your excellent "heads up" post regarding the manual and personal experience helps to a great degree for others to find encouragement and confidence approaching a new phase, but again, most users will find their skills fall short of their inspiration, no matter how well-intentioned. And, they should not become accustomed to the abundant peer-to-peer support in VodaTalk so as to expect these mentioned options also to be supportable.

So.....here's to recognizing your good post (with personal experiences and the aspect of using the manual with a link provided) and to your continued contributions to VodaTalk!

and on you go.....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
          Robert.....

I know that you pay attention to many of the details (obvious or veiled) in many of the posts I have penned, and have indicated in the past that you grasp many of the concepts I direct toward or allude to in hopes others might "pick them up" and see the logistical comformity I attempt to support development thereof.......and it is my hope that in this thread (and others, too) you read between the lines that is always suspect at best and highly risky to implement "forgeign" scripts, utilities, or technologies, as they often create more problems that the superficial solution they purport. You too, discoverd this yourself to a degree (and I venture to say, it will return as not completely being resolved).

Most users of BV and Members of VodaTalk are anything but proficient beyond casual user skills, and certainly not as acceptably capable of implementing any of the technologies so flippantly dealt without formidable installation or configuration problems......that is why you see so many of the same questions and challenges presented here in VodaTalk, and BV is a complete utility!

aMember offers many advanced options to users who invest the time to study and learn the technology available, and your excellent "heads up" post regarding the manual and personal experience helps to a great degree for others to find encouragement and confidence approaching a new phase, but again, most users will find their skills fall short of their inspiration, no matter how well-intentioned. And, they should not become accustomed to the abundant peer-to-peer support in VodaTalk so as to expect these mentioned options also to be supportable.

So.....here's to recognizing your good post (with personal experiences and the aspect of using the manual with a link provided) and to your continued contributions to VodaTalk!

and on you go.....
          I am speechless. I have been enveloping myself with as much knowledge and resources as humanly possible for a very loooooong time now...referring to web technologies, design, application, solutions. I'd say about about 2 yrs now.
          --This may shock some people but, aside from everyday responsibilities and a few special gatherings and holiday events, I've been right here behind the screen...all day and night for 2 years(I do sleep). Because of my family's current situation, I have had to focus that much harder to make sure I get what needs to be done, done right. And everything I'm working on involves the next 10yrs.
          --Ask anyone who has ever known me about me, and they would definitely say that I am a very creative thinker, and that I am very intuitive. But the strange thing is that I am all alone. Besides everyone here, there really isn't anyone around me that can relate to what I'm doing. Needless to say, the idea of me recieving a genuine acknowledgement and compliment has been pushed aside for a very long time, so reading your post was like a huge breathe of fresh air. Inspiring.

Thank you Vasili.
          Thank you ALL.

---Can we get this guy a medal of honor over here or something???
          Robert
          www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Thank you for this enlightening info. . . I had NO IDEA that I could accidentally install such malevolent creatures by adding something like a membership script . . . thanks for letting me know that some company's are tried and true while others are black to the core! You probably saved me yet another website development heart attack!!! :)))

Comment

to get rid of the e directory just rename it and then you can delete it. Had the same thing once. Hope this helps. 3's
              Grampa
              Professional Websites Online

Comment

Working...
              X