This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to make a Favicon.ico and display it the browser address bar

cool, i added a favicon to my webpage and i think its groovy as not every site has them

cheers ears

bluerovers
    bluerovers
    www.bluerovers.co.nz
    www.five-a-side.co.nz

Comment

Hi to All!!!! :)

I'm glad to have read TomVr's comment of it possible not showing straight away, because I updated my index page and Blueftp-ed my favicon, and it's not showing yet :( sniffsnottersniff
      But,I'll wait for awhile and see if they would like to get to know eachother first,before showing in public ;) lol

Thanx for this great info though!!!
      Karin
      Strangers are possible Friends I haven't met Yet !.!.!

www.nativetreasures.co.uk

Comment

Many thanks to FPRob for the Favicon instructions in the very first post!

Following the instructions worked perfectly and the Favicon came up on all my pages as I visited each one.

Woo-hoo!

... JANET
        http://www.renaissanceautos.com

Comment

does it have an effect if you have the bluevoda website builder but you dont have the account?

Comment

when i do it the square paper just comes out. help

Comment

Hello All!
              Elena here www.septemberschild.com
              Love the http://www.html-kit.com/favicon generator and my icon came out great. I have a question though....how do I "upload" the file folder to my index page??? How do I get it to the BlueVoda?

Comment

It is a separate file that is uploaded to the server, and you need to follow the installation instructions that were included along with the process of "making it" so you can embed it in your BV-HTML page .... (review here if needed)
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

OK~ I have my favicon on my main website (http://www.twelvebeads.com) and now I want to set up one on my subdomain. My TwelveBeads favicon is showing in my subdomain window.

I went to http://www.favicon.co.uk/ and created the favicon and saved it in my BellaBanana folder (that is the subdomain). I pasted the code into the head of my index page (<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://www.bellabanana.com/favicon.ico">).

I can not for the life of me figure out how to get my icon from the file into my subdomain. I know I struggled with my first site and stuck with it till I got it, but don't really know how I did it.

I could really use some help.

Thanks~

Subdomain http://www.bellabanana.com

Comment

Hello, I must have a older IE. Could someone take a look at my site and see if the Favicon icon displays.

Many thanks
                    Darren

Comment

Originally posted by DCOFFICESERVICES View Post
                      Hello, I must have a older IE. Could someone take a look at my site and see if the Favicon icon displays.

Many thanks
                      Darren

When your site is book marked as a favorite, the favicon shows in my favorites list ..

the favicon does not show in the address bar ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

so i feel super dumb because what i can't figure out is how to publish the .ico image once i've made it. need some serious hand holding through this part apparently

Comment

Re: How to make a F****on.ico and display it the browser address bar

Hello there,

I really liked the idea of an icon and immediatly tried it, but i was unable to complete it. i downloaded the file to the my webpage's index.html section and it appears as "f****onCAC0JZJZ", then i pasted it in my index page html section as follows:
                          <LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://www.dahliastreetfilms.com/f****onCAC0JZJZ">

I saved it between the head section and published it. It wouldn't show. I noticed that I need to publish both the index page and the icon, but I am not sure of how to publish just the icon.

Any suggestions or help?

thanks a lot

www.dahliastreetfilms.com

Comment

Re: How to make a F****on.ico and display it the browser address bar

Hi mmayeux,
                            First create your fav icon. See this link to help. Click here.
                            Save it to your PC.
                            Open your page properties.
                            There is a Favorites Icon field. Browse to and select the fav icon you have just saved. (New with BV10).
                            That's it.
                            Enjoy.
                            Bless you
                            Tom

Comment

oh please help got my flavicon but cant understand all this previous info found my page html but cant find the head bit at all and finding this so frustrating just want it done now

Comment

Hi,
                                In BlueVoda website builder index page, right-click the page and select Page HTML. There you will see all the tags. Open the tag Between Head Tag. That is where you need to paste the code.
                                Bless you
                                Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X