Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom generated PayPal Button

Hello,

Can I get some help with this and a form I'm trying to connect it to please. the for url is www.windameer.com/feltitemsforsale.php .

Thanks Jolen
    www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

Originally posted by Windameer Farm
      Hello,

Can I get some help with this and a form I'm trying to connect it to please. the for url is www.windameer.com/feltitemsforsale.php .

Thanks Jolen
      Here is the procedure that you should have followed:

The form submits. So your button should NOT have "Generate" but should have a label like "Calculate cost". Then, you should have a script, in the cost calculation page, that will receive the form details, email you the order details, calculate the cost, and, if the amount is >0, create the button code (which will also make the button visible). As it is now, it only submits to the "action.php" page, and then it doesn't do anything.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
        Here is the procedure that you should have followed:

The form submits. So your button should NOT have "Generate" but should have a label like "Calculate cost". Then, you should have a script, in the cost calculation page, that will receive the form details, email you the order details, calculate the cost, and, if the amount is >0, create the button code (which will also make the button visible). As it is now, it only submits to the "action.php" page, and then it doesn't do anything.
        Thank you Navaldesign. I think this one is a bit over my head :). I'm goignt o put it on hold for now and finish the rest of the web pages. maybe by then i'll deside on what to do with this.

Thank you for your help and i'm useing alot of your tips well rebuilding :)
        Jolen

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

Comment

It is really very simple.
          You create a page that you will name "action" and publish as php. In the Start of Page (of the html code of the page) you will paste the same script that you will find in the Forms Tutorial Part 1. This will email the order details to you. Then, you will have a html box, with the code that will create the PayPal button.

If you want, create this page, as you want it visually, and send me the .bvp file, i will place the code and send it back to you ready for publishing.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok I'll do that and send it to you thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
              It is really very simple.
              You create a page that you will name "action" and publish as php. In the Start of Page (of the html code of the page) you will paste the same script that you will find in the Forms Tutorial Part 1. This will email the order details to you. Then, you will have a html box, with the code that will create the PayPal button.

If you want, create this page, as you want it visually, and send me the .bvp file, i will place the code and send it back to you ready for publishing.
              Thank you I made it and sent it to you threw you web site. sorry i sent the wrong one the frist time.

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,

I did a form with check box choices which amount a customer can donate and I want to integrate the with paypal so they can pay using visa/mastercard if they click "make donation". To give you an idea what I am doing pls. go to

Thanks and I appreciate your help.

janeth
                janeth
                www.millarefoundation.com

Comment

There are some mistakes in your form:
                  1. The page must be php and not html.
                  2. The form has no action at all. The action should be the page itself: "dform.php"
                  3. Encoding type: it is set to text / plain, must be multipart / form data
                  4. You need Radio buttons, not checkboxes because only one ammount should be chosen.
                  5. These radio buttons should have the same Group name (at the moment they are unnamed)
                  6. You do NOT have the "If "statement so hat the button will only appear after a selection has been made.
                  7. You did not define any item name, item value etc when creating the button. Also no return page. Did you create it in PayPal, or did you use BV's PayPal tool?
                  8. You did not replace the item name and value (which do not exist) with the php code as per tutorial.
                  Please read again and follow the instructions.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you for you reply. I redo and I'll be back. I had my paypal account already but I used the paypal in the BV that's why I don't know how can to link it.
                    janeth

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,

I'm back seeking help again, I used the radiobutton, now how can I pass the value selected to the paypal form. to complete the transaction. I know nothing about HTML.
                      Thanks.
                      janeth

Comment

The radio button group name should be "amount" so the amount is passed to the script. If you do so, the value selected will be automatically be passed to the script. Just follow the initial instructions in post #1 in this same thread, replacing the text box with the radio buttons group.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,

I'm back, still trying to finish my paypal form but I couldn't get it, if you have a few minutes kindly check www.millarefoundation.com/payment.php and point me where did I go wrong.

Thanks and appreciate your effort.
                          janeth

Comment

Your Radio buttons should have, as value, the amount corresponding to each one. They are null right now
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,

I'm back again, sorry for taking so long quite busy on everything, if you have spare time kindly check what I did and give you fine suggestion.
                              Thanks and I really appreciate your help I learn a lot from you.

I just have another question on HMTL though, how can I insert a line in between text.

janeth

Comment

Yes, your script works, though i would have added some code so that the visitor doesn't have to make two selections one for description and one for amount. However, these are personal choices. Good work.

Not sure what you mean "insert a line in text". You mean a Fine Feed ? if that is the case, suppose you need to display the following text:

This is line one

This is line three because there is an empty line.

The code is:

<font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Verdana">This is line one<br>
                                <br>
                                This is line three because there is an empty line.</font>

As you see the two <br> 's cause the CR from line one to line two and yet to line three.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X