This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Menubar in I-frame

Looking at your page code, i see that your frame has z index = 1. This means that this is the second object in the page. All content of the main page has z indexes >1 so they will come above the frame. Please copy the frame, then delete it and paste it again using the paste icon, not the right click menu paste. test it.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yep, that's it! Only i've choosen for a different solution: I've changed the z-position of the i-frame in the page using the frame (to 100) so the frame will always be on top of the content of the page.

Thanx for pointing me to the Z-position!

Another question, you being the I-Frame-expert ;) Is it possible to put my meta-tags etc in the frame so each page using the frame will have those?

Paul

Comment

Yes, it is. But, according to Bethers (who's opinion i mosttly respect) that would be bad. also, havibg the keywords in your main page, allows to customize them according to the page content.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

This is FANTASTIC. And, by following your directions, to the letter, I have been able to get my navbar working great! Now, on to the menu bar.
          Dan

"'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." (A. Lincoln)

http://www.dpcCrazyCrafts.com

Comment

Now, I have a problem. I did the same thing for my menu bar (text on bottom) as I did for my nav bar (graphic/text on left). The nav bar works great but the menu bar does not. Any ideas as to my problem???
            Dan

"'Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." (A. Lincoln)

Comment

OOPS! I forgot to read the part about "no problems". I apologize - Moderator, you may delete this post. Sorry!!!

Dan
              Dan

Comment

If you want the pages where the menubar is to center, is it possible? You said somewhere here that IMPORTANT!! DON’T “ center in browser ” THE Menu Page.. Why not?

Satu

Comment

Because what needs to be centered is the html box in your pages (which needs to be the same size as your menu). Once you have centered the html box, the menu doesn't need to be centered. If you center it and you don't set the menu page width to be the same as your menu, it will not even appear it it will only partially appear.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Well I have problems of my own. I haven't bought my domain or anything yet since I am still building my websites but I tried this with one of my sites by uploading it to *******s and it doesn't work... My site is www.*******s.com/actiontradeonline and I even added the http://www.*******s.com/actiontradeonline/main.html part to the index code for the I-frame so it would link to main.html which is the menu bar etc. Also, half my page gets cut off - not literally though. Actually moved down off screen with a big gap that... shouldn't be there. Everything else is intact though but it just doesn't seem to be functioning right. I'm a total noob at coding but I'm okay with basic html and BBcode. Bluevoda is not too hard for me to use but this has got me totally confused.

Comment

You are trying to load on *******s pieces of code that you copy / paste to create your pages.
                      BV won't work like this, it uses many files that ere automatically uploaded etc.

Get your account and publish there, and everything will go in place and work just fine.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Hey have a question I posted an Iframe on my page test2 at vortexairtools.com but it allways tells me that
                        Not Found

The requested URL /www.vortexairtools.com/menu_vortex.html was not found on this server.
                        Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

But when you go to the page www.vortexairtools.com/menu_vortex.html you will find it is posted.I am not surewhy this happens?
                        Regards
                        Sinisa

Comment

What's the URL of the test 2 page ?

Make sute to put the http:// infront of www..... in the I frame URL
                          Navaldesign

Comment

This sounds like what I am looking for (closest and easiest to implement anyway). Unfortunately, I have been trying to get it to work unsuccessfully for the last 24 hours.

1. I have a main page which I've called "index2".
                            2. I have also created a header page called "common-header" containing images, menu and contact details that will appear on all pages.
                            3. I have also created a trailer page called "common-trailer" containing images and (word)menu details that appear on every page.

Then
                            1. I have added all the transparency html to the header and trailer pages
                            2. I have overlaid index2 with common-header and common-trailer in the appropriate place.
                            3. I have updated all the links to "_top".

Lastly I have published (seperately) common-trailer and common-header, then saved and published index2 with both overlays on top.

Everything behaves as described by yourself. I then go to look at result on-line and find ..... nothing but a "404 Not Found" message for each of the 3 pages:

I would expect to find the header or trailer at least but they don't appear to be there.

If I go back and use the preview button for index2 with the overlays in place, I see the contents of index2 but get "404" messages for the overlays. These messages also suggest I go to my existing on-line website (which will be replaced by this if I ever get it to work)

i.e.
                            Sorry, the specified document is not available at this location.
                            Please try clicking:

Can you spot anything obvious please?
                            www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
                            www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
                            www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Both of these files can be found(note the .html ending

and I do believe that they should have been save as php files anyway....
                              page properties
                              extension = php

The 3rd one will need to be looked at again.
                              Have fun
                              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                              Newbies / Beginners Forum
                              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

This is really obvious but....how do you save a page as "php"? The only option I get is"*.bvp"
                                www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
                                www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
                                www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Working...
                                X