This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell A Friend Script

Hi.. About the TAF.php "Tell A Friend" form...I'm gonna try placing this into my site this week... So...Is it possible to add several email send to addresses in the TAF.php form..i.e... Can it be customized easily?? Thanks for all the help... Doug

Comment

Yes, it is easy. If you know some php.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks it works beautifully. My next question. How can I save and then access the names and email address of of the people that have sent the forms? Somewhere there must be a floder or file?
        Thanks
        Kes
        Kes

Comment

Technically it can be easily done. BUT, that would be considered spyware, and a violation of their privacy. The DON'T give you their email, you are stealing it.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Do the TAF pages have to be published in each folder that contains a page with a TAF button for this to work?

I hope I explained myself. I want to use the TAF button on several pages. Do i need to FTP the php file and publish the other 3 pages in that same folder for that TAF button to work on that page?
            Best Regards,
            Alex
            Surveillance Systems
            Restaurant POS | Retail POS
            Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

nevermind I figured out that you do have to publish them over, but they publish so fast that its not an inconvenience.

Great php script once again. Thanks Naval.
              Best Regards,
              Alex
              Surveillance Systems
              Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Originally posted by aconstas1
                nevermind I figured out that you do have to publish them over, but they publish so fast that its not an inconvenience.

Great php script once again. Thanks Naval.
                As the sript is now, yes, you need to publish it in all folders.
                But, if you change the links to absolute (including the path) in all pages, as well as in the form action, then you can only publish once and use it in all your folders.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                  if you change the links to absolute (including the path) in all pages, as well as in the form action, then you can only publish once and use it in all your folders.
                  If i change the links to who and do what? Is there another thread explaining this? It sounds like something I should know.
                  Best Regards,
                  Alex
                  Surveillance Systems
                  Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Links can be reletive (only the file / page name) or absolute (including the path to the file / page) .

The "tell a friend button is linked to the form popup by this link:

#" onClick="window.open('TAFform.html', '','width=310,height=170'); return false;"

if you change it to

#" onClick="window.open('http://www.yoursite.com/TAFform.html', '','width=310,height=170'); return false;"

you will be able to publish / upload the script only in your public_html, and call it from any folder
                    Navaldesign

Comment

I can't seem to figure out why my form isn't working properly on a forum I put up. The TAF button is in the middle of the header on THIS PAGE.

The form pops up correctly
                      If you fill it out correctly it works
                      If you fill it out incorrectly it doesn't always bring up the TAFspamerror when it should.

Any ideas?
                      Best Regards,
                      Alex
                      Surveillance Systems
                      Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

It seems to work ok. Please provide an example of values for the fileds that will not work ok.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

I just put

steve@cnn.com

in all the fields, and it submitted just fine.
                          Best Regards,
                          Alex
                          Surveillance Systems
                          Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

It's also happening on my site pages HERE.

It shouldn't matter that this is an add on domain right?
                            Best Regards,
                            Alex
                            Surveillance Systems
                            Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

This is intended. The name fields will accept up to 1 @symbol. This is because many users use usernames instead of their real names so a @ symbol should be allowed.

If you wish to disallow the @ symbol from the name fields, just open the file TAF.php and edit the two lines that make the @ count: instead of >1 make it >0 (for the name fields only)
                              Navaldesign

Comment

OK that makes sense. I'll leave it the way you made it. Thanks Naval
                                Best Regards,
                                Alex
                                Surveillance Systems
                                Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Working...
                                X