This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell A Friend Script

Hello I have followed all the directions to a tee and guess what it worked to a tee. The email was sent and recieved. However (the real reason I am here) when changing the script to my site www.reidsunlimiteddesigns.com the email to my friend is not a link. Is there a way to make it a link? It did not happen automatically then I tried to paste a linked text to the spot and still did not work.

Could someone help? Please
    fourreids

Comment

place the http:// in front of www. ....... in the form hidden field
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Well it seems it has the looks of a link but it does not open the link

Comment

Thanks for your help I followed all the steps except in the hidden fields of the form properties I cannot put my domian name in a link as your example show (underlined and highlighted) as below Is this why my button won't work?

Sarah

Comment

Thanks, General. I just used this on my current project and it's working great. You're the man!

Comment

I got this to work, thanks. One problem. my buttons say "no image found" and they are white. They still work, but I need an image on my buttons. I even downloaded the taf files again. Ideas?
              tyson

http://www.tysoneducationalsystems.com/

Comment

Go on my site, on the example screen at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/TAFbuttons.php

Right click on the image you like, select "Save image as" from the menu that opens when you rig***lick, and save the image on your computer. Open your BV page, and give the correct image path.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks! I didn't see save image as, but it said save piture as, that worked. Thanks
                  tyson

http://www.tysoneducationalsystems.com/

Comment

Naval,

You have done it again! :) Thank you for a wonderful script. I installed it and it worked first time! Now I just have to find the time to install it on my site.

Will it work if I put it in my php script for the specials area? I suppose I could try it and see if that will make it propogate through the entire site at once!

Either way it is great! Thanks again!

Chris
                    My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

If you place it in the "included" page, then yes, it will propagate through the entire site.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Naval,

I got it to work fine and it is now on both of my sites inside of two minutes! :)

Great work!

BTW, did you ever get the message I sent you about my Picnic site being all out of alignment? I sent a form to your company a while ago but got no reply. I do have a thread with the info in it under the site reviews.
                        My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

Sorry, recieved no mail at all.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Naval,

Don't know why you didn't get it.. anyhow here is where you can read what my problems are:

Cindy thought it might have to do with php script and told me to ask you, so could you have a look at it because it won't show up on mine as a problem but others are having it.

I just made my first sale on it, so I know one person got to read it okay and trusted me enough to order from me! Still I can't figure out why it won't display right for everyone!

Chris

Comment

i did the tell a friend pages and all is fine. but when i do a test filling up the actual form to send the page to a friend (which i use my email for testing purposes), i didn't receive any email.
                              any idea?

Comment

Hi Naval,

Thank you very much for all the information. I tried to follow your directions and created the tafspamerror, tafreturn, tafmailerror and tell a friend pages in BV. I could not opend the file with TAFButtons I've downloaded from your site, but I copied one from the website itself. Looks like the button is linked correctly to the 'tell a friend' page, but once information is submitted I receive an error saying 'the webpage cannot be found...there might be a typing error in the address (e-mail addresses are ok)...if you clicked on a link, it may be out of date'. Reset button works fine. Did I miss something on the way or made errors, do I need to add HTML? I'm very new to all this, so anything is possible

Please help,
                                Thank you
                                m-ania

Comment

Working...
                                X