• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarbonTerry
    replied
    Re: new form

Yes, if you don't the person sending the form info will be directed to a:
    404 Error Page
    because you didn't make and publish a success.html page. And...if they make an error on the form it will not be sent to you and they will also be directed to the 404 Error Page.

Leave a comment:

• taramichael
    replied

Is it important to create success and error pages?

Leave a comment:

• CarbonTerry
    replied

Thanks for the update.

Leave a comment:

• opendezracer
    replied

Sorry ,,I didn't explain the procedure ,,Bring up your form right click on the field or drop down go to the validate tab you should see a box "Data Required" click the box,now repete the process on the fields that are /need to be required ,save and publish....hope that explains it a little better.............OpenDez.........

Leave a comment:

• opendezracer
    replied

UP Date: you can make the fields required by going to the validate tab in the form propertys.........Opendez.........

Leave a comment:

• opendezracer
    replied

Rodger That,will do ,I might have another look at the tutorials ,,just might have some info. I missed ,hey CT thanks a million......Opendezr****

Leave a comment:

• CarbonTerry
    replied

You will have to make some areas "required" otherwise the form can be submitted at any time.
    NavalDesign is the guru on forms. Post a thread directed to him.

Leave a comment:

• opendezracer
    replied

I Still have a glitch ,I filled out the form only half way and it sumitted the form anyway ,it didn't re-direct to the error page,where would one start to fix such a thing? I did use the wizzard setting up the form....Odezr****

Leave a comment:

• opendezracer
    replied

Thanks for the info. C.T. I did some work on the error page yesterday and now I have a way to check and see if it works ....Thanks again.......ODR****

Leave a comment:

• CarbonTerry
    replied

Sorry about the mis-post. Here is my success page. As you can see it allows the visitor to easily return to my site.

Leave a comment:

• CarbonTerry
    replied

You can validate the error & succes page by sending two forms. Fill out the first one correctly and submit.....see what message you receive (success ??)
    Do not fill in your name or leave the whole form blank on the 2nd try and submit it. You should receive the error page.

Leave a comment:

• CarbonTerry
    replied

It's been a while since I've used the form maker. Dd you use the wizard or use the ABVFP method form NavalDesign?
    I did not receive a reponse.

Leave a comment:

• opendezracer
    replied

T.C. I received your entry test with flying colors,did you get the responce ok?,I also made an error page however I havn't figured a way to verify that its working,I had to make both responce pages in html and also had to re-type the url on the form -properties every thing seemed to start working.....thanks again for the help.........Open Dez R****

Leave a comment:

• CarbonTerry
    replied

Have you created and published your success and error pages?

Leave a comment:

• opendezracer
    replied

T.C. your the man,I had entryonline.php, for the page title,just droped the .php and it appears to open up in the browser,now,I tried to fill out and submitt a sample/test entry and get the error message ,but at least it comes up,making progress,what should I check next?........Odezr****

Leave a comment:

Working...
X