new form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new form

I just made my first form for my website at http://www.ivracing.net used the wizzard, saved and published it in php verified the link,every think looked good to go,doesn't work just goes to an error page, the form is an entry form at http://www.ivracing.net/entryonline.php can someone take a look and shed some light ?.....thanks.........opendezr****

Re: new form problem

You have made an error somewhere. Usually it involves a typo an unwanted space or uppercase in the page name.
    Did you make your custom error page? If so it links to vodahost. Possibly that was intentional?
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Re: new form

Hey thanks T.C. for takin a look, I checked for typos ,didn't find any, did you get the form page to come up in your browser? I havn't been able to even get the form to come up,I simply don't know what to check next seems like I'm just going around in circles,any suggestions?.........opendezr****

Comment

I could not get the form to appear.
        Please check the page name....again. It must be exactly..." entryonline "
        No spaces, no caps
        Verify that it is php
        Please publish...again
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

T.C. your the man,I had entryonline.php, for the page title,just droped the .php and it appears to open up in the browser,now,I tried to fill out and submitt a sample/test entry and get the error message ,but at least it comes up,making progress,what should I check next?........Odezr****

Comment

Have you created and published your success and error pages?
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

T.C. I received your entry test with flying colors,did you get the responce ok?,I also made an error page however I havn't figured a way to verify that its working,I had to make both responce pages in html and also had to re-type the url on the form -properties every thing seemed to start working.....thanks again for the help.........Open Dez R****

Comment

It's been a while since I've used the form maker. Dd you use the wizard or use the ABVFP method form NavalDesign?
                I did not receive a reponse.
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

You can validate the error & succes page by sending two forms. Fill out the first one correctly and submit.....see what message you receive (success ??)
                  Do not fill in your name or leave the whole form blank on the 2nd try and submit it. You should receive the error page.
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

Sorry about the mis-post. Here is my success page. As you can see it allows the visitor to easily return to my site.
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

Thanks for the info. C.T. I did some work on the error page yesterday and now I have a way to check and see if it works ....Thanks again.......ODR****

Comment

I Still have a glitch ,I filled out the form only half way and it sumitted the form anyway ,it didn't re-direct to the error page,where would one start to fix such a thing? I did use the wizzard setting up the form....Odezr****

Comment

You will have to make some areas "required" otherwise the form can be submitted at any time.
                          NavalDesign is the guru on forms. Post a thread directed to him.
                          CarbonTerry
                          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                          Zone 5 Photo
                          My USMC

Comment

Rodger That,will do ,I might have another look at the tutorials ,,just might have some info. I missed ,hey CT thanks a million......Opendezr****

Comment

UP Date: you can make the fields required by going to the validate tab in the form propertys.........Opendez.........

Comment

Working...
                              X