Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Renameing 'under construction' page

Originally posted by j_enriquez
    Log in to your cPanel. Click "File Manager" and another window will appear. From there browse the file and make and click the name and on the right, it will appear some option of what you can do to the file.

Regards,
    Jayson
    Hi again,
    It seems I've created a monster now.
    I re-named/overwrit the thailandhouse_index and now I've lost that entire site that I spent months making. It is still in cpanel but it's altogether/mixed in with the underconstruction site. hmmmm.. can I recover this site somehow?

In the file manager it appears I can only delete items one at a time instead of the entire site to replace it with the new one. Would it be better to delete everything and re-publish the newly named one? and if so, what would be the easiest way to accomplish this without deleting subdomains, etc. ???
    Thai House Plans
    Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Tomissan: Are you still online? If so, I'll be here and can walk you through it. Let me know.
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Originally posted by Dream Lady
        Tomissan: Are you still online? If so, I'll be here and can walk you through it. Let me know.
        Hi Dream Lady,
        Yes, I'm still on and losing more hair by the minute...your help is much appreciated.
        should we use yahoo im or skype?
        Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Well, since you don't appear to be online, I'll leave some instructions here for you.
          I am assuming that your primary domain name (which will also be your public_html folder) is www.thai-land-house.com. I will assume this to be the case. If your directory that you are publishing to is something different, then you will need to change it accordingly.

1. Bring up your underconstruction page in bluevoda. Go to file, save page as and type index . Nothing else before or after it. Just index . Save it. Assuming your other index page you created is in the same directory, then it will come up and say something like. ......index already exists, Do you want to replace it? You will say yes. When you do that, your underconstruction page will become your index page. If you had anything on the index page, it will be gone. (So if you want to save the old index file first, save it as something else, so that you have it, before you write over it.)

Ok, now you should have your (old underconstruction page) as your index.bvp page. save and publish that page to your public_html/thai-land-house directory (again assuming that is the name of your site directory. If not replace the thai-land-house with whatever the name of the directory you are using is.

After you publish it, then you should be able to type in www.thai-land-house.com in your browsers url and bring up your (old underconstruction page).

To answer your other question, to delete your old underconstruction page.....with your bluevoda program up, go to Tools, FTP Manager, click on connect, enter your user name and password (the same one you use to access your cpanel). That will connect you to your FTP manager. On the left side you will see your files that are stored on your harddrive. On the right side are the directorys and files stored on the web server. Find the directory and "underconstruction" page on the right side, select it and delete it. That simple. Disconnect and your done.

I hope this helps and good luck to you.
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Oh, there you are. Sorry, I don't have yahoo or skype, so we'll just have to make due with the forum.
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Well, since you don't appear to be online, I'll leave some instructions here for you.
              I am assuming that your primary domain name (which will also be your public_html folder) is www.thai-land-house.com. I will assume this to be the case. If your directory that you are publishing to is something different, then you will need to change it accordingly. yes, thai-land-house.com is the primary domain name

1. Bring up your underconstruction page in bluevoda. Go to file, save page as and type index . Nothing else before or after it. Just index . Save it. Assuming your other index page you created is in the same directory, then it will come up and say something like. ......index already exists, Do you want to replace it? You will say yes. When you do that, your underconstruction page will become your index page. If you had anything on the index page, it will be gone. (So if you want to save the old index file first, save it as something else, so that you have it, before you write over it.) I was too late for this so I've lost the original index page.

Ok, now you should have your (old underconstruction page) as your index.bvp page. save and publish that page to your public_html/thai-land-house directory (again assuming that is the name of your site directory. If not replace the thai-land-house with whatever the name of the directory you are using is. After re-nameing the 'underconstruction' page to 'index' i just clicked 'publish' assuming this was the right thing to do. When I type in www.thai-land-house.com the page still comes up 'underconstruction'..

After you publish it, then you should be able to type in www.thai-land-house.com in your browsers url and bring up your (old underconstruction page).

To answer your other question, to delete your old underconstruction page.....with your bluevoda program up, go to Tools, FTP Manager, click on connect, enter your user name and password (the same one you use to access your cpanel). That will connect you to your FTP manager. On the left side you will see your files that are stored on your harddrive. On the right side are the directorys and files stored on the web server. Find the directory and "underconstruction" page on the right side, select it and delete it. That simple. Disconnect and your done. I'm into the FTP manager and can not find 'underconstruction'....

I hope this helps and good luck to you.
              Thanks so much..
              Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

While in your FTP the main page that comes up on the right side is your public_html. What directorys (file folders) do you have there? Did you look inside of those to see if you may have saved your old "underconstruction" page in one of the other folders?
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

While in your FTP the main page that comes up on the right side is your public_html. What directorys (file folders) do you have there?

the first folder doesn't have a name just a couple .. after the folder
                  then: ariesconstruction
                  cgi-bin
                  tom
                  then the rest are jpg's
                  etc..
                  Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Ok, click on your public_html folder. Is it in there?
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Ok, click on your public_html folder. Is it in there?
                      I don't see it anywhere. just the folders/files mentioned
                      Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

When I click on your url, "under construction" is not coming up at all. I just get "page cannot be displayed". The underconstruction may just be stored in your cache. Do you know how to clear your cache? I wouldn't worry about the underconstruction file for now. Let's just try and get your index page up so you can see your website.

So you have your index page now right? It it is what you want to be your home page, right? It is just called index and nothing else. You have saved it, right? When you save it, it should now be index.bvp. Now you want to publish it. Make sure when you publish it that you publish to the folder: public_html/thai-land-house . You do have a folder in the ftp (right side) called thai-land-house, right?
                        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

When I click on your url, "under construction" is not coming up at all. I just get "page cannot be displayed". The underconstruction may just be stored in your cache. Do you know how to clear your cache? I wouldn't worry about the underconstruction file for now. Let's just try and get your index page up so you can see your website.

So you have your index page now right? It it is what you want to be your home page, right? It is just called index and nothing else. You have saved it, right? When you save it, it should now be index.bvp. Now you want to publish it. Make sure when you publish it that you publish to the folder: public_html/thai-land-house . You do have a folder in the ftp (right side) called thai-land-house, right?
                          yes. there is a thai-land-house.html and a thailandhouse_index.html
                          and when I type in www.thai-land-house.com I get http://thai-land-house.com/underconstruction.html along with the page
                          Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

No, that's not what I'm looking for. Those are just files and actually the thailandhouse_index.html you probably want to delete, because it is named incorrectly.

Ok, so no actual folder called thai-land-house. Before we go any further, do you have any other domains registered with vodahost or is this the only one.
                            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

No, that's not what I'm looking for. Those are just files and actually the thailandhouse_index.html you probably want to delete, because it is named incorrectly.

Ok, so no actual folder called thai-land-house. Before we go any further, do you have any other domains registered with vodahost or is this the only one.
                              only thai-land-house.com with some parked domains
                              Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Ok, since thia-land-house.com is your primary domain, then we will publish to your public_html folder. So save and publish your index page to the folder public_html . Do that now and let's see what we get
                                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                                X