Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Renameing 'under construction' page

Originally posted by Dream Lady
    Ok, since thai-land-house.com is your primary domain, then we will publish to your public_html folder. So save and publish your index page to the folder public_html . Do that now and let's see what we get
    ok. the internet is a bit slow here in northeast thailand but it's working...

In BV, do I want to name/re-name the page with the hyphens? thailandhouse or thai-land-house ?
    Thai House Plans
    Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

If we don't get you up and running soon...I'll have to order us some pizza!! lol I keep checking your site, but haven't see you come up yet. Still checking....
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

If we don't get you up and running soon...I'll have to order us some pizza!! lol I keep checking your site, but haven't see you come up yet. Still checking....
        It's still "publishing". OK, finished publishing but the "underconstruction" page appears
        pizza sounds great, even better would be some Mexican food, it's been many years.....I'll gladly pick up the bill...
        Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

You shouldn't be naming anything thai-land-house.????

You have a page that you have named index.bvp, right? All you are going to do is to publish that by pressing the publish button in the top menu or go to file and select publish. When the dialog box comes up, it should automatically fill in with your server IP, username and password (check your welcome letter and make sure the server IP is the one you should be using, if not select the correct one. If your username and password isn't already stored there, then again, type it in. Then on the line that says folder, the only thing that should go there is: public_html . That's it.
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Ok...if we get mexican then I will have to have a margarita!! lol. I just got back from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I'm not a big drinker, but I sure did enjoy their Margarita's!! My avatar picture was taken down there, after having a few. I think that's why my eyes are so glassy!! lol
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

ok. done
              Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

What server IP are you publishing to? I'm still not seeing it. When did you download BlueVoda? Do you have the latest version since the changed the servers? Sorry to be asking so many questions, but if you have done as instructed, your site should be there! Have you closed your browser lately...refreshed?? Another trick is to press your F5 key quickly about 4 or 5 times.
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Ok...if we get mexican then I will have to have a margarita!! lol. I just got back from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I'm not a big drinker, but I sure did enjoy their Margarita's!! My avatar picture was taken down there, after having a few. I think that's why my eyes are so glassy!! lol
                  Margarita's & Mexican food...I would die for....
                  thanks for taking the time to help get me straigtened out.
                  One question. can I log on to cpanel if I'm already logged on through BV/ftp?

After 'refreshing' the site doesn't come up anymore..only underconstruction moved...

Now I'm getting the "index page" not the site...!!!
                  Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

When I type in www.thai-land-house.com/index.html this is what I get;

71.39.149.150 /index.html

If you published your index page as just "index" in your public_html then bv automatically adds the html on the end of index. With that, we should be seeing your home page. My concern is now, if you have the latest version of blue voda downloaded. They upgraded their servers this last month and if your site was on one of those servers then you need to download the latest version so that you have access to the correct server. Do you know if you were affected by this? When did you download blue voda software?? more than a month ago?
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hey!! I see your index now....making progress!!!
                      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

When I type in www.thai-land-house.com/index.html this is what I get;

71.39.149.150 /index.html

If you published your index page as just "index" in your public_html then bv automatically adds the html on the end of index. With that, we should be seeing your home page. My concern is now, if you have the latest version of blue voda downloaded. They upgraded their servers this last month and if your site was on one of those servers then you need to download the latest version so that you have access to the correct server. Do you know if you were affected by this? When did you download blue voda software?? more than a month ago?
                        Im using BV 8.0.1
                        Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Ok good. You have the latest version.

Now when I type in: www.thai-land-house.com yes, I get your index showing all of your files and images. Let's walk through this one more time, ok?

You made your home page and it is now saved as index.bvp right?

After you saved it, you published it to your public_html folder right?

When you did that, bv automatically converts your index.bvp page into index.html, which is your home page and what you would get when you type in your domain name.

If you have done all of the above and it's still not working.....then I'm stumped. I don't know what else to tell you. I'll see if I can get Naval Design to come check out this thread. He is a moderator on this forum and he would be able to get you over this hump...I'm sure of it.
                          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Ok good. You have the latest version.

Now when I type in: www.thai-land-house.com yes, I get your index showing all of your files and images. Let's walk through this one more time, ok?

You made your home page and it is now saved as index.bvp right? Yes

After you saved it, you published it to your public_html folder right? Yes, I will try again...

When you did that, bv automatically converts your index.bvp page into index.html, which is your home page and what you would get when you type in your domain name.

If you have done all of the above and it's still not working.....then I'm stumped. I don't know what else to tell you. I'll see if I can get Naval Design to come check out this thread. He is a moderator on this forum and he would be able to get you over this hump...I'm sure of it.
                            ok...thanks again. I owe you a pizza & margarita's
                            Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

I just put out a distress call for Naval....I notice he is on line, so hopefully he'll see it and swing in pretty soon. What time is it in Thailand right now?
                              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I just put out a distress call for Naval....I notice he is on line, so hopefully he'll see it and swing in pretty soon. What time is it in Thailand right now?
                                It's 2pm Monday. must be late (or early) there in Colorado..
                                I published it again and I get the index's again....
                                Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Working...
                                X