publishing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: publishing question

Hi, as far as i know it wont work? the file should be in a flash & not media style of box as its been converted. The flash is just above the media box in BV.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Collectors info, I converted a wmv file to avi on AVS video converter, but when I selected it in cam studio nothing happend.

Comment

Collectors info, I can hear the sound of the video playing, but I cant see anything, plus the box does not come up with all the options.

Comment

Sorry to post again, but I tried one video that I converted to flash and it was 100 mb, whereas before on wmv it was about 13 mb, I thought you said flash would publish quicker.

Comment

Tygra ... please continue any video problems or questions in this thread .. I have deleted your thread asking where did your posts go, which is not helping your with your videos anyway ... so please post your problems here for some help ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks LadyEye.

Right, some of my videos are not working when they were before. When there were working I was using the windows media player box on the left hand side in the website builder. Due to quicker publishing, I switched to the link option which takes you directly to windows media player. Some vidoes are working in the link option, but others are not. Does anyone know why this might be?

Comment

Hi Tygra

without seeing your pages, we can only assume that a) you haven't uploaded the video or b) you haven't applied the link correctly, - maybe just a typo or something ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

But I have uploaded the videov LadyEye, I double clicked on the navigation bar, and go to "browse for file", then double click on the video.

Comment

Hi Tygra:

As I say, without knowing the page that you are having the conflict with, it is very hard for us to help you ...

I have found what I believe is your site, and the video page.
                    If you are referring to this video page below

and if you are referring to this video listed below (which is the tygressvslioness video on the page .. then you can see below that there is a problem with the linking applied to this video .. there are spaces in the name cause the % symbol to show in the link, etc., as well - it appears this link says the video is located in MY Movies

- So you need to be certain of the directory you have published this tiger vs lioness video to ...

The link needs to be exactly relating to the location of the video and the name of the video ...

If this is not the video or page in question, please post the page so that we can look further ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

It's not just that page LadyEye, it's all the videos on this page too..

How can I sort this though LadyEye?

Comment

Okay ...

I think you want all of your movies into a folder by itself and this folder is called My Movies. - I would rename this folder mymovies or my_movies ..

Use all small letters and no spaces between the words unless they are joined together with the use of the _ underscore symbol.

I think that you should rename your videos as well, and give them simpler names without spaces ...

for instance use tigressvslioness1 or tigress_vs_lioness1 - as opposed to Tigress vs Lioness - you need to either use an underscore symbol to join words together or do so without using spaces ...

Whatever you do, it needs to be the same ...

Once you rename your folder, then rename your videos .. I would then upload my videos to public_html/myvideos folder via the ftp method

Once all videos are uploaded into this myvideos folder (which is inside of your public_html folder) I would then change the links on my page for each video ... (not the page name or the page link itself, that is fine, only change the links to the videos on the page for each video)

The link would look like this ...

If you want to omit the separate folder for your videos and just upload them to your public_html directory with their new name ... then the link would just instead be .. http://www.interspeciesconflictvideo...vslioness1.wmv

You see if you upload the video into a certain folder you created then the link needs to reflect the same - and the same hold trues for the name of the video.

If you remove all those spaces from the links you will have a much cleaner link - some are working but your link is not as nice as it should be, lol .. nice to keep them clean and easy ...

See how you get along trying this ...

If you like, you could go into your control panel and delete the movies that you already have there so that you won't confuse yourself, lol, that is what I would do .. and start fresh ...

Your movies look great and they seem to load up okay, no real time delay.

Please click the links I have made here and look in the address bar as you click them to see the full url ... they get abbreviated here and you cannot read the entire url ... so be sure to click and look what comes up in the address bar ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thankyou LadyEye for all your help, it's really appreciated.

To start with I just tried the Brown Bear vs Siberian Tiger video. I made the folder "faceoffmovies", and changed the video file to bear_vs_tiger.. I then opened the FTP manager, made the connection, then draged the faceofff movies folder into the public html folder. Am I going right so far?

Comment

hmmmm .... keep in mind that you do not need to create a folder for every video .. you don't want to do this ...

- Now I am not sure where it is you created this folder, but if this is a folder that now is in your public_html directory then this can be the folder that holds ALL of your videos ..

So assuming that then, let's do this now ...

faceoffmovies will be the folder that contains all of your videos .. this folder now is in the public_html folder right? Well that is where we want it to be .. now you have one video renamed and is called bear_vs_tiger - correct .. now if you have uploaded that video into this faceoffmovies file folder - you should be able to find it by this link

So if this is correct and is working ...

Now all you need to do is rename your videos and upload all of them to the faceoffmovies file folder .. and then apply the link the same as above for all of them ... the only thing you would have to change for each is the name of the video ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I'm getting a little stuck. Should it look something like this?

Comment

You are getting close ...

the faceoffmovies folder should be inside the public_html folder - it should appear in the same location where you see your index page, and any other page, and any images etc., that you have published to your website .. look for those files and move the faceoffmovies folder to that location ..

should look more like

ftp://75.126.124.164/public_html/faceoffmovies

and then the videos will be inside of the faceoffmovies like you have the one video ....

So you can move folders around

go into control panel, file manager - then move faceoffmovies into the public_html directory ... your video should go with it

and then publish or upload all your videos to the faceoffmovies folder ...

I think you've got it now ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                                X