This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your Google Sitemap

Brad means a small, image or text link that will not interfere with your page layout and content.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I downloaded this 'ror' generator a couple weeks ago and , indeed,
      already getting results on google search keywords . So, It surely
      does work. I assume that if you re-design your site and change
      links and page names and add new pages, etc. that it's probably
      a good idea to re-run the generator. Anyway, I did. Does that
      make sense?
      Brad Arnold.......
      www.baldwincomusic.com
      www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
      !Free Search Engine Submission!
      Talking Avatar for your web site!
      Free sound editor
      Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Thanks for the help. I got it set up a couple days ago. Hopefully it will help. I have sitemapped and verified and crossed my fingers hoping to get listed in Google. Yahoo and MSN are up towards top on first page.
        Another question, and maybe it should be in another group, I read somewhere that you only need to submit once to the major search engines. I was on page three in Yahoo, I resubmitted the other day and I am now number one. Was it the sitemap or do you need to submit once in a while?

Comment

HI, I installed it, and it works.... I hope?
          how can I check it?
          I linked my belgian site to the vodahost site...

so, checking it by? : www.artrental.be/ror.xml
          or http://www.artrental.biz/ror.xml (the vodahost site)

thanks!
          www.artrental.be
          www.artrental.nl
          www.artrental.biz

Comment

Greetings to All,

I have downloaded ror and uploaded my sitemap with Blue FTP.
            Downloaded XML ikon and installed on my webpage www.lexxebb.hu
            and hyperlinked it http://www.lexxebb.hu/ror.xml

When I click it online the browser comes to : Page can not be found.

Could somebody pls check what did I wrong. ( I tried to follow what Brad said word by word)

Cheers

Andras

Comment

Greetings Brad,

I have downloaded ror and uploaded my sitemap with Blue FTP.
              Downloaded XML ikon and installed on my webpage www.lexxebb.hu
              and hyperlinked it http://www.lexxebb.hu/ror.xml

When I click it online the browser comes to : Page can not be found.

Could somebody pls check what did I wrong. ( I tried to follow what You said word by word)

Cheers

Andras

Comment

Connect to your site with BlueFTP and check if the "ror.xml" file has been uploaded, or where it has been uploaded. It must be in your "public_html" folder
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                  Connect to your site with BlueFTP and check if the "ror.xml" file has been uploaded, or where it has been uploaded. It must be in your "public_html" folder

Thanks Naval. Really appreciate your help. Somehow I got misled by Brad,
                  because he was telling to create a separate sitemap folder. Thanky again. Cheers András

Comment

From where do I obtain an authenticated password to use in making a connection in blueFTP? I used the same username and password I would use for working on site files and it didn't work.

I noticed a strange DNS at the top of the input box that has a drop down list. Do I need to select our assigned DNS from the list instead of using the default that is in the window when the connect box opens.

As I finished asking this question it seems like a dumb question, but, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. So, I am asking.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHollinger
                      From where do I obtain an authenticated password to use in making a connection in blueFTP? I used the same username and password I would use for working on site files and it didn't work.

I noticed a strange DNS at the top of the input box that has a drop down list. Do I need to select our assigned DNS from the list instead of using the default that is in the window when the connect box opens.

As I finished asking this question it seems like a dumb question, but, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. So, I am asking.
                      Yes, you use the master username and master password sent yo you by VH. AND, ofcourse, you need to select from the dropdown, the IP address assigned to your account. If you have tried with another IP, that's why it would not accept your credentials.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

I'm stumped, how do I create a hyperlink from my home page?

Comment

You say to put the ror file into the public_html folder but what if I have several domains under one account and want a sitemap for each site, where do I put the ror file please?
                          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I have put the ror file into each sub folder within the public_html file as I have many sites on one account, is this correct?
                            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks !!
                              www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.nl
                              www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.com

Comment

Well crickey!!!
                                Hi, after reading every post I could find, I still have a problem.
                                When I do the ROR thing I find that the pages with http do not come combined with the pages named https. If I name my secure pages it finds them on the sitemap, and vice versa. Help! How do I get the thing to see all my pages. My sitemap shows all my pages and url's, so please help me to fix this. I have uploaded my sitemap and new index page. If I can't sort this out this weekend, I'm likely to spit the proverbial dummy!
                                I've always been able to work things out with help from Voda folk, so I'm sure tonight's frustrations won't be any different.
                                Going to have a glass of something now!
                                Regards,
                                Jock.
                                www.lochdesignsjewellery.com

Comment

Working...
                                X