Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bluevoda Wont Download

Originally posted by Leeza
    uh oh this is scary- i copied all files to disc and none will open, windows cannot find themmmmm!!!!
    ...would someone get my heart beating again and let me know that if my files show a size (e.g. aromatherapy says is 62 kb) that they are indeed somewhere in my computer and it's just a matter of time before I find them???

Comment

Re: Download Assistance

do a search then right click and open containing folder that is where they are
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

try to reboot p. then open b.v then take files from disc
        The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
        Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Thanks AllStar..I did run search on five of my files..shows they are in my docs...but when I click on them, they still won't open- I get the error message that WINDOWS cannot find them, and then it asks me to search again.

..did you happen to see my question...should I first go in and delete the old BV I've been using and THEN download the new one? I'd THINK that if my files are in "MY DOCUMENTS" that they would stay there even if I delete the program and can't seem to access them at the moment..but dont want to do that until I get reassurance that this WILL be the case by someone like you way up there in the knowledge arena!

Tanks thanks thanks!
          Leeza

Comment

I am beginning to believe its because of the microsoft updates that were out this week .....

check your security settings under tools in internet explorer ... get rid of firefox for sure, I would agree with that ...

You should be fine Leeza uninstalling the blue voda program ... it should not take all your .byp files, they will remain on your computer

Please confirm to me before you do this that you do indeed see your .bvp files I mentioned earlier.... in your MY DOCUMENTS

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok...checked all page icons..all have .bvp extension...but Windows just says it cannot locate the file. With this being the case, what should I UNISTALL? I presume just the "BlueVoda Website Builder" that is listed under "all progams" as well as in my control panel...but uninstall from control panel that's it. I want to make sure I don't blow anything up here!

Merci, lady..

Comment

Originally posted by Leeza
                Ok...checked all page icons..all have .bvp extension...but Windows just says it cannot locate the file. With this being the case, what should I UNISTALL? I presume just the "BlueVoda Website Builder" that is listed under "all progams" as well as in my control panel...but uninstall from control panel that's it. I want to make sure I don't blow anything up here!

Merci, lady..

Okay and all those files were on your computer in the Blue Voda file folder that was in your MY DOCUMENTS .... okay they will not be touched, just go ahead and uninstall the website builder and firefox too .... then go and download the website builder again, you can find the link to that in my signature here ..... be certain that your firewall is not blocking it, and if prompted to allow this site to your list of trusted sites, click yes ... if any of that appears .....

You should be safe!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

ohhhh grooooaaaaan....did that, and got as far as "setup"..when I tried to setup after the download, got two error messages:
                  "error in compressed file- bad CRC"
                  "could not extract support files- setup will abort."

what's a CRC? My computer hates me.

Comment

Error Message "Error in compressed file - Bad CRC" (Bad Download)
                    Solution:
                    To fix the problem, you simply need to try downloading again. Following the steps below should increase your chances of being successful on your next download attempt. If you don’t do the following, the browser will repeatedly re-use part or all of the bad file to cut dowload time even though you are trying to fully re-download the file again. Another option is to use a completely different browser (if you have more than one) to try downloading again. Note that AOL uses Internet Explorer, so they are essentially the same browser.
                    • Delete the Setup file that contains the error or problem.
                    • Empty your Temporary Internet Files folder. In Internet Explorer, click on the ‘Tools|Internet Options...’ menu, then click on the [Delete Files...] button, then click [OK] to delete the files. You will not lose any important data by doing this. The Temporary Internet Files are files that Internet Explorer creates and uses as you surf the internet.
                    • Try downloading the file again.
                    • Try to refrain from downloading too many other things at the same time.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok did that...from your post page, zip file is corrupted...from IE same messages as last time (CRC)...I even closed out of almost all my progams and doc files before doing it...next suggestion?

Comment

Okay Leeza .... you are doing great ... hang tight ... we're gonna get you sorted ... I know we will .....

try using the .exe file instead ....

see what happens when you download it from this link ....

http://www.bluevoda.com/setup.exe

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

whiiiiine...nope no good. This time it went thru whole installation and setup, said was downloaded successfully. But when I tried to open the file- from desktop/from start menu/ from "all programs...won't open. Think this is still a BV problem or a problem on my computer?

By the way, you're awesome at helping me/ and I'm sure others/ out here! Don't forget that! (even if you DO look funny/cute trying to be Vasili)

Comment

Whiine .... thought it was Martinis you drank ... lol ... Olives in wine, well anything is possible, especially right now right!! Okay ...

You have something plugging your drain, lol ....

Are your speakers on when you are trying this, and do you hear anything sounding like ... bloop, bleep, or anything like this? oh my ... like I am thinking something is preventing you from opening this file ....

Leeza ....I am trying to figure out how you ended up in this state .... you downloaded firefox ... but then you are saying then you could not download blue voda ... i am not sure why you were downloading blue voda in the first place .... fill me in a bit more if you can .... tks

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Leeza

You cannot open .bvp files just by clicking on them ... you have to open them within you web builder ... so you are saying now you do not have the blue voda web builder and that is why you were trying to download it ... and this all happened yesterday after downloading firefox, after this your blue voda would not open from the icon on the desktop ....

okay is this is the story and you are sticking to it ... and you have tried everything else, do a system restore on your computer, take your computer back to the timeline of a few hours before you downloaded firefox, see if this helps.

Does anyone else think Leeza should do this? Perhaps get a few other opinions first Leeza ....

Good Luck .... I need sleepy .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Leeza
                                Just say your posts and reallized that a system restore should not be a problem as long as you DONT GO PAST the FireFox download.
                                I am sure most of us here have had to do a system restore at least once since we have owned a P.C.. It seems risky although as long as you don't have any vital info that you need to keep you should be fine.
                                Either way I understand that time and effort went into building your site and at the present it is probably your #1 priority to finish and publish, but this crazy web-internet stuff can all be worked out with patience and a cool head.
                                Give the restore option a try after listening to some more comments from the pros here at B.V.. Lady Eye always had the best advice when I put my site together http://lightningcycles.ca .
                                Good Luck and merry Xmas kenb

Comment

Working...
                                X