My computer has issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Download Assistance

Moving to personal computer forum, this is a PC issue.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: My computer has issues

1)Please uninstall bluevoda and give your computer a full tune up as well as a registry clean....Click the below....

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/per...-computer.html

2) Afterwards click the below and follow the installation instructions...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...-bluevoda.html

3) If the above does not work, please consider taking your computer into the shop and have a proffesional look at it.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Re: Download Assistance

Originally posted by LadyEye
        Whiine .... thought it was Martinis you drank ... lol ... Olives in wine, well anything is possible, especially right now right!! Okay ...nope..was really the Oxygen Bar I went to, where they put essential oils in a bong-like thingie...and hook you up with a nose thing and you breathe in the 98% oxygen and essential oils after it bubbles thru the bong...add some wine to that and looopie I go...

You have something plugging your drain, lol ....

Are your speakers on when you are trying this, and do you hear anything sounding like ... bloop, bleep, or anything like this? oh my ... like I am thinking something is preventing you from opening this file ....

nope, no speakers, no sounds...

Leeza ....I am trying to figure out how you ended up in this state .... you downloaded firefox ... but then you are saying then you could not download blue voda ... i am not sure why you were downloading blue voda in the first place .... fill me in a bit more if you can .... tks
        I ended up in this state because..ummm..welll..hmmm.
        Ok lets see if I can take this from the top-

1)I had trouble because my text and images were displaced when people on other computers looked at my sit. NavDesign suggested either shorten my pages or 'adjust' them in Firefox and IE. I noticed some of my short pages had displacement too so I figured "find out what Firefox is." I did, and said "wow,just another way to get onto the internet- and downloaded it so I could see if I could 'adjust' my pages from there.

2) After downloading it and all it's goodies, my computer looked like a 5 yr old got to it..all sorts of icons, toolbars, etc.. I ignored that and tried to open BV Website Builder. It wouldn't open. That is the first time I RECALL having trouble opening BV Website Builder.

3) Then, LadyEye, you and I went through all the steps you suggested to me earlier to try to open BV Website Bldr, and in the end I figured best thing (you agreed) was to delete Firefox. Did that, and BV still wouldn't open. (present tense "won't.") In the end I asked if I should delete the BV Website Bldr. I had and do a new download of it. So I deleted BV and since then have tried to download the BV Website Builder a bunch of times and keep getting the errors I wrote of.
        Can you see how I got here now?

Comment

I guess the best thing to do (besides keep away from the oxygen bars...) is to follow Vodahost's advise and give up on my own self. Ohhh sigh. Thanks to everyone for your help, and Vodahost, if I have any problem doing what you've told me to do (re: cleaning it all up) I'll write to you.

BEFORE I do that tho, should I try a sys restore? If so, can someone give me a gentle reminder how to get to that calendar thing to do so?

Comment

WHEWWWWWW. I'm back. Alive and well...well enough. I HATE FIREFOX!!!! However, I must give credit, the program did not delete all my work so I guess I should be thankful. Kinda hard after 1 1/2 days thinking 4 mos. work gone kablooyeyyyy...but to all you who helped, LadyEye especially, Genl Vodahost, Kenb, AllStarFaces...you were Godsent. Nothing else could explain it. LUVS YOU!!!!!

Comment

Leeza

You can download your sites via ftp so your work will at least be safe there. You might have to recreate your template.bvp but that shouldnt be a problem, just a little work.

You could do a system restore, and no danger to your existing sites you have published as the restore wont affect your online files, so even if you somehow snapped up a virus from where ever you downloaded firefox from, and have to reformat or restore factory settings, you should be ok there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the advise...however I don't know the first thing about ftp...
                I've only seen the words written here and there in forum...

I don't have a template.bvp file, really. I've just saved my pages with other names per a suggestion from someone long ago. I'd like to know how to use all these tools you all suggest to me, but I'm just too new at the whole thing...so much to learn, and so confused as to where to start!!!

THIS problem is resolved, I think, as everything seems to be working since I did my system restore. BUT... I'll keep your note for future reference! Merci!

Have a very merry Christmas!

Leeza

Comment

Working...
                X