Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a competition using BlueVoda????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How about a competition using BlueVoda????

Originally posted by Vasili
    I was rather looking forward to an engaging little project along the "build-a-story" fashion.....being non-competitive and requiring more than BV expertise (or showmanship) it would be open to more people to have fun with and learn from at the same time.....Oh well!

>> Dave: This is why I used "dubious" earlier....as in 'doubtful' or 'ill-defined' and not the obviously misunderstood usage alleged as in 'questionable or deceptive'.....
    Eric, its posible to amalgamate several ideas that have been put forward by using the vodahost forum with a twist.............

We have a free Wiki in fantastico which would accomodate text, pictures/pages/ etc. I wonder if ***** would consider opening up a voda wiki type of
    program so that anyone could at any time add to this wiki.

Just a thought...............
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
      I know it was suggested a short wile back about a challenge for the best website. And rightly so it was mentioned that it may create some friction.
      What I am suggesting is a competition to see who can create the best single 800x600 web page using only Bluevoda & nothing else what so ever. IE:…
      No external images/fonts/scripts/ absolutely nothing but BV.
      Then the top three or so from of each month can be showcased in a view only section of the forum. With maybe some info on how the page was created for others to use.
      Maybe have 2 categories. Like best artistic page created with BV & best technical creation using BV. Open for ideas on this.
      Right! NO LAUGHING! but just to give an idea of what I was thinking, I have put together a few pages on the type of thing I meant. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/shapes1.html 1st page might take a sec to load.
      I personally thought the shapes tool didn’t work very well as I have seen so many sites that look like they have been made with a saw rather than BV shapes. But if used right, some really nice effects can be created with this tool & other facilities that BV has..
      It’s just down to your artistic talents & knowledge of using BV.

Would like to hear if this would be a good idea or not. Some one might suggest a way to vote without creating controversy amongst us all.. Maybe BV’s voting software?
      Open for any ideas if good or bad.

Cheers.
      Hey Collectors_Info

For a Good Laugh, here's my artistic page.
      http://www.atexflooring.ca/clowning_around.html

Mike
      http://www.atexflooring.ca
      http://www.newfloor.ca

Comment

Mike
        Hah! Poke your tongue out at me Eh! & still want to enter the competition. OK then. Lol
        The way this may end up going, you may of even won.

Great start.

REF- Competition.
        Ladyeye,
        Your suggestion sounds really good. Keep it nice & simple with NO marks for anything except someone likes it or they don’t. And must be created using only BV. Could maybe use the forums rating tool to vote on all the entry’s. We can always pop a note in our signatures to say please have a look at my entry for the competition.

REF-HELP PAGES
        Hi all,
        There are some different idea’s floating around, & I must admit David’s idea of a wiki style site, sounds a really excellent way to go. I personally am not quite sure how flexible this style of site is, but on the ones that I have seen are great.
        The only thing that maybe hard to implement is a standard that everyone will stick to.

Nice idea David.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

This will be great if we ever get it going ... what about ... keep it fairly simple for the first trial & efforts and perhaps it could develop into something more elaborate as we go ... I don't know ....

So when are we starting ... do we need a "Whistle" .... can we get a checkered flag to start us off ... can someone make that in the blue voda program ... ??? Maybe that is what we could start with ... everyone take a shot at building a logo for this initiative ... and of course, using any programs available to the user would be fine for the logo... do you think??
          Then we could all have a vote on what logo we would like to use, just to get things moving ....

???

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

So .. enough talking more getting this going? haha
            Best regards,
            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Nice one Lady!.
              Being a Brit & just for a laugh. We could even call this first competition the (BBC) Bluevoda Banner Competition?
              The only thing is! There would have to be some rules as it wouldn’t be fare to everyone that would like to enter. I personally think the banner should be built using only BV components, as there will be many forum members that just don’t have paint shop & programs like this because of the price. So it wouldn’t really be fare to all of these guys, plus it would be going away from seeing what can really be created, & how creative someone can be, using just the free BV software.
              How about the banner being
              1. 468x60 or 728x90 (Google sizes) this can be the individuals choice
              2. It can be in an image or html format? IE: (Static or moving) But no external scripts/codes or images are allowed. Can only use BV elements.
              3. If needed! You can use an external program like paint or MS picture manager to enable the facility of taking a screen shot & resizing, reducing kbs or cropping the banner size to the above Google dimensions. But can’t be used in any way to change, add or enhance what has been done with BV.

The only other thing is the name to create on the banner?
              Is “The Bluevoda showcase” name ok? Just need somesort of text to base the banner on that everyone can use.

Examples.

The BV Showcase.
              BVS
              Showcase in BV
              Bluevoda Showcase. And so on. (Basically any order you like using these words or abbreviations).

Cheers.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Just be aware that if you google with

bluevoda showcase

you will come up with 4 or 5 pages of entries for the bluevoda showcase that already exists....................

and I got the impression from all the posts here, that we were NOT going to have a competition !!!!!!

Just a sample:

SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users ...
                6, Showcase of BlueVoda Websites from around the World View Dozens of BlueVoda Websites without leaving this site. (Unless you want to). ...
                bluevodaforms.com/showcase/ - 166k - Cached - Similar pages
                Showcase of Websites Created by other BlueVoda users
                Showcase of Websites created by Other BLUEVODA Users. See dozens of websites from all over the world that have been created using Bluevoda website Builder.
                bluevodaforms.com/bvwebsites.html - 34k - Cached - Similar pages
                How about a competition using BlueVoda???? - Web Hosting
                (Bluevoda showcase page) This text link would have standardised but the back end link would go to the BV showcase index on each person’s site. ...
                https://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/re...-bluevoda.html - 142k - Cached - Similar pages
                Want to be Included in a SHOWCASE of Websites Created by OTHER ...
                Showcase of Bluevoda and Soho websites Created by Other Users. ... Well done on creating such a great window to showcase BLUEVODA. regards Alber ...
                https://www.vodahost.com/.../link-ex...oda-users.html - 158k - Cached - Similar pages
                Top Directorys : Stats - SHOWCASE of BlueVoda Websites from around ...
                SHOWCASE of BlueVoda Websites from around the World Username: davidundalicia Description: View Dozens of BlueVoda Websites without leaving this site. ...
                topdirectorys.com/index.php?a=stats&u=davidundalicia - 19k - Cached - Similar pages
                Mortgages & Re-Mortgages
                Where the customer is King. My BlueVoda Showcase List · create website. Disclaimer: Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up the repayments on ...
                brittanicmortgages.co.uk/ - 24k - Cached - Similar pages
                Free site builder and website design you will love it
                Now, I am writing a book to showcase my success as an entrepreneur. The bluevoda site builder has turned me into a money minting machine. ...
                https://www.bluevoda.com/website-des...te-builder.htm - 17k - Cached - Similar pages
                Free site builder and website web design
                The BlueVoda site builder and the importance of a good website design ... a website constructed for you where you could showcase your wares or services. ...
                https://www.bluevoda.com/site-builde...ite-design.htm - 17k - Cached - Similar pages
                BlueVoda Email Contact Form | FREE Download
                BlueVoda email feedback, contact form, free downloadable zip file available NOW. ... SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users - ...
                youandmelinkup.info/ - 13k - Cached - Similar pages
                Renee's Baskets and Gifts
                Bluevoda Exchange Link. This site is linked to Bluevoda Exchange Link ... SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users -
                www.reneesbasketsandgifts.com/ - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

Keiths Home Page
                SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users -. Welcome to my web home away from home! I hope you enjoy your visit! My latest Discovery- ...
                netisopen.com/ - 17k - Cached - Similar pages
                Girl on the Hill HQ | Luxury Handcrafted Cards | Exclusive ...
                SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users -. Your first stop for the very latest in NASCAR news from NASCAR on FOX - featuring Darrell ...
                www.girlonthehill.co.uk/ - 15k - Cached - Similar pages
                Windows Marketplace: Web Site Creation & Management
                Affiliate Showcase Viral Traffic Book by Mark D Worthen ... BlueVoda is a drag & drop free Web site builder that enables a user with little or no experience ...
                https://www.windowsmarketplace.ca/re...spx?bcatid=177 - 40k - Cached - Similar pages
                Grand Island Ne Real Estate-Jeff King Realtor
                Showcase · Grand Island Ne MLS Search ... Grand Island Ne Realtor. Realtor.com ./ror.xml · SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users -
                www.grandislandnebraskarealestate.com/ - 9k - Cached - Similar pages
                Luxury Self Catering Holiday Apartment to let in Exclusive ...
                ... Counter - Show your google Pagerank without Toolbar · Who links to me? SHOWCASE Websites List · SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users -
                www.mvpalma1.com/ - 20k - Cached - Similar pages
                BB Destination Express is travel agency service providing personal ...
                SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users - · http://bbdestinationexpress.com/index.html · http://bbdestinationexpress.com/agentblog ...
                www.bbdestinationexpress.com/ - 10k - Cached - Similar pages
                Mexico Guided Tours - Mexican Vacations - Sacred and Cultural ...
                SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users -. Travel is not just about getting from point A to point B, it is about the memories you leave ...
                www.mayatabasco.com/ - 27k - Cached - Similar pages
                Learn Spanish: Complete Resource Guide
                SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users - · sitemap · Click here now to subscibe to our free monthly newsletter ...
                www.myworldspanish.com/ - 15k - Cached - Similar pages
                English Warbow
                SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users - · Site Map · ror.xml. Batsford 2007 entry form here. Gratefull thanks for use of the photo by ...
                www.englishwarbow.com/ - 6k - Cached - Similar pages
                Panzoom properties is the only national gallery of photo and video ...
                SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users - · Brochure. Videos are streamed directly from our server, no additional software needed! ...
                www.panzoomproperties.com/ - 27k - Cached - Similar pages
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Comment

David. Good point! & I should have even looked at one of my earlier posts.

How’s about some ideas on just the name to begin with. Couple of suggestions?

The Bluevoda Gallery. (BG)
                  BV Gallery. (BVG)
                  Bluevoda Designs (BD)
                  Bluevoda Art (BA)

OR

Vodahost Gallery (VG)
                  VH Gallery (VHG)
                  Vodahost Art (VA)
                  Vodahost Deign (VD) This one may not be the best abbreviation idea, but will get lots of hits if it became a site. lol

Cheers.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Dont get me wrong chris, I have no objections as to the name, in fact it would put my site in front of many more people......which can only be good.

I like the Vodahost Design one............lol... (lots and lots of hits)
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
                      Dont get me wrong chris, I have no objections as to the name, in fact it would put my site in front of many more people......which can only be good.

I like the Vodahost Design one............lol... (lots and lots of hits)
                      Hi David, (whoops! But I just see my bad spelling as well) Tut,tut.
                      I wouldn’t mind, but the url www.vd-designs.com is actually available. Still! It’s all a bit tongue & cheek at the moment & only looking for a name. Open for all ideas.

Cheers.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

As a Wiseman once said, “If you keep discussing the If’s, Do's, Dont's, and Why Not’s, this will never get of the ground.”

1. I believe the entire process, event, competition, showcase, whatever you want to call it should be on this forum, right from the discussions, to the voting for the logo/header, to the posting of your url with your page creation. My reasons, as I stated previously, are because this forum is where members come to look for ideas. If all of the page urls submitted by participating members, are kept in one thread, (a thread being made for each entry category though), and all threads created under the forum section of Blue Voda Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts, then the threads live on forever and ever on the forum. I am not interested in having a domain name purchased or offered by anyone for this event/venture.

2. I think if we ask ***** nicely enough, he might create a sub-forum for us under the heading “Blue Voda Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts”. As soon as we come up with the name for this event. Just as an example, this might be, Gallery of BlueVoda Creators.

3. I do not see it as, and it should not be used as, an opportunity for anyone of us to jump on the bandwagon to give our own websites further pushes from google. There is plenty of that going on here right now … as I have shown in this post right now. When you submit your page entries, you would then have the opportunity to do the following, this page created by LadyEye, etc., etc., and you could boost your own site at that time through your entry. I believe it is all about showing members what and how things can be done. Each and everyone of us will be amazed at the creations and will carry with us new found techniques and ideas that we can use ourselves, but mainly they are there for everyone.

4. The creation of a logo or header should also include the process of coming up with a unique name to use for these page entries and should be the maximum of ‘800 x ‘150 – if we are to use it as a header, the preferred standard width for the pages to be built, or smaller if you choose a logo, as opposed to a header.

Once created, everyone participating would use this header or logo on their page entry. (We won’t use the word banner for reasons brought to our attention by Karen, in an earlier thread.) I believe everyone can if they would like to, get their hands on a free program for this type of creation, and should be, since it will need to be placed on the forum in the forum of a graphic image for us all to copy and use with our page entries. I believe this will have to come to a vote and so be it, and if anyone wants to wag their tail about their creation being used, so be it as well.

5. Once we have the logo/header in place, we would start the first category, which since all of this is Chris’s idea, should be the category “Inserting & The Use of Shapes in Blue Voda”

6. I have summoned Judge Judy, she is ready at any time to get this Show on the road … lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Go for it Judge, and as you say, get this show on the road.
                          Your ideas are sound and NO one that I know wanted to host this for their own gain.
                          The only problem that I can see is the publishing of graphics in the forum as a lot of new people will have problems in this area.

Having said that, and as this WAS chris´s idea, start the ball rolling as you have so wisely suggested.................GO, GO, GO....................
                          Have fun
                          Regards..... David

Comment

(Dang, timed out again, had to go and re-create my post here,lol)

No no David, lol, I am not the Judge, just was keeping “her” handy, and wanting us to get this settled.

I believe since it is Chris’s idea, he is the one to make the final decision and get this show on the road …

Maybe he could start by doing this … and then dependent on the results, would also be the one who would kindly ask ***** to make the sub-category section “Blue Voda Creators Gallery” under Blue Voda Tips & Tricks … (I believe this should be done, once we have taken this poll, then everything can begin in that new area, if that is what is decided)

Chris to start a New Thread Entitled “Two Polls for Blue Voda Creations – Cast Your Vote”

First Poll – Project Location - Please vote either 1 or 2

Option 1 – Entire project be kept in house in this forum, everyone submit their page entries using their own websites url (under the appropriate thread for each page entry category we make, as we go along.)

Option 2 – Project to be assigned a domain name (another vote would be required) and everyone publish their pages to this domain …

Second Poll – Logo/Header - Please vote either 1 or 2

Option 1 – Design a logo/header for this using entirely anything in Blue Voda only. This would then be on everyone’s page entry as logo/header for each page entry they submit. (However, this can be tricky as instructions would need to be given and the re-creating by everyone may not end up exactly as the original??)

Option 2 – Design a logo/header for this project using any resources you have. Same thing, it gets duplicated for page entries. Save it as an image. Submit it in the appropriate thread entitled “Logo/Header Entries for Blue Voda Creators Gallery”.

David, in so far as our own gain, I believe this forum is googled more than anything, we all stand to gain by using this forum …

It was Aliens who so wisely suggested we get the ball rolling, he is the WiseMan!!

We will need to give instructions as to how to either attach an image or insert an image in a post … that will work …

Decisions .... Decision ....

Okay Chris ... Your Call!! You're Up at Bat Casey!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
                              (Dang, timed out again, had to go and re-create my post here,lol)

No no David, lol, I am not the Judge, just was keeping “her” handy, and wanting us to get this settled.

I believe since it is Chris’s idea, he is the one to make the final decision and get this show on the road …

Maybe he could start by doing this … and then dependent on the results, would also be the one who would kindly ask ***** to make the sub-category section “Blue Voda Creators Gallery” under Blue Voda Tips & Tricks … (I believe this should be done, once we have taken this poll, then everything can begin in that new area, if that is what is decided)

Chris to start a New Thread Entitled “Two Polls for Blue Voda Creations – Cast Your Vote”

First Poll – Project Location - Please vote either 1 or 2

Option 1 – Entire project be kept in house in this forum, everyone submit their page entries using their own websites url (under the appropriate thread for each page entry category we make, as we go along.)

Option 2 – Project to be assigned a domain name (another vote would be required) and everyone publish their pages to this domain …

Second Poll – Logo/Header - Please vote either 1 or 2

Option 1 – Design a logo/header for this using entirely anything in Blue Voda only. This would then be on everyone’s page entry as logo/header for each page entry they submit. (However, this can be tricky as instructions would need to be given and the re-creating by everyone may not end up exactly as the original??)

Option 2 – Design a logo/header for this project using any resources you have. Same thing, it gets duplicated for page entries. Save it as an image. Submit it in the appropriate thread entitled “Logo/Header Entries for Blue Voda Creators Gallery”.

David, in so far as our own gain, I believe this forum is googled more than anything, we all stand to gain by using this forum …

It was Aliens who so wisely suggested we get the ball rolling, he is the WiseMan!!

We will need to give instructions as to how to either attach an image or insert an image in a post … that will work …

Decisions .... Decision ....

Okay Chris ... Your Call!! You're Up at Bat Casey!!
                              You Go Girl

Comment

Not saying "too many cooks" but it sure seems that there has been a lot of pot-banging without smelling anything cooking yet....

The polls? I can only vote on the first....I believe any such effort should be kept part of VodaTalk, as a "sticky" within the Showcase forum....

Rather than propose minutia to confound things, I would suggest keeping it simple at 800w (just like all the rest of our "advice" spilled throughout VodaTalk), and having no more than 3 threads, really, to 'categorize' and organize all the real basics: Page Layout & Development; Headers/Banners, & Page ID; Artistic Perspectives & Interpretations - Themes.

If kept really simple and within context (the basic guidelines for BV page construct and "rules" etc.), you can expect a lot more pages to be offered up, and what IS offered more easily understood by your peers (not so freaking complicated or based on "one-upmanship" to intimidate, but to inspire!).

In my opinion, of course.
                                Just goes to show you how hard it is to weed out "competition" and self-promotion, doesn't it?
                                If this continues to be unnecessarily complicated, count me out.
                                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                                X