Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SohoLaunch - Authorize.net

Originally posted by VodaHost
    If you tried installing a SSL, this could be causing the issues of dodgy data transfer, there is no such thing as "Trial SSL" or a "free SSL". These are bait
    and swtich scams by the SSL companies. (They All Do it)

What they neglect to tell you is.....

1) All ssl's require a dedicated IP address with only one domain on that IP address.
    2) All ssl's require a CRT sigining request that must be issued by your web host.
    3) All ssl's can only be installed if you have root access to the server. You do not have root server access.
    Additionally..

1) The only exception to the above comments is if you own and administer your own dedicated server.

2) If you are buying a SSL for Soholaunch make sure it is issued with the
    www in front. Please do not forget to mention this to the SSL firm or else
    the SSL will have to be re-issued.

By default all SSL's come witout the www, you have to ask for the www.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

AWWWWW Thank YOU Voda Host, I was thinking I read that someplace, but couldnt remember where! And I still think it makes a difference in her connection to authorize as well. Okies... Nancy, hope you can get this worked out tomorrow, but.. I am going to bed now!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac
        Nancy,

Who set up your SSL? Did you do it yourself? And, yes I think the SSL does make a difference, otherwise you are transmitting from POST to authorize and information could be open to view. Im not an expert on this end, as Ive just started getting into it, but, I wouldnt take cc payments with out SSL, rather it was my own, or shared. Authorize.net is secure once the info gets there, but its not on your end. Even paypal encrypts their buttons! So for your customers peace of mind and security, and for the lil amount it costs to have it done, no reason NOT to do it. Voda Host only charges $3.00 bucks a month and $30.00 to set it up. You can get a certificate for next to nothing as well. Or you could skip the certificate as the https is the clue anyway, but you do look more reputable with it.

There is something in how you are set up at authorize thats not right. So Id go thru everything with them including resetting it and running test mode. I think i did mine myself, when I signed in about a week or so ago, and they made me reset the password, so...thinking too much or not enuff I ran around and changed it on my stores too! Not thinking that it was two different things.

Karen
        I can get a Dedicated IP, SSL, and set up for 99.00 through VodaHost. After paying the 30.00 setup fee and 3.00 a month for dedicated IP, then pay for the SSL, Might as well go through VodaHost and not mess with the setup. May just do that. I had fully intended getting a SSL. Just wanted to set up authorize.net.

Comment

Additionally..

1) The only exception to the above comments is if you own and administer your own dedicated server.

2) If you are buying a SSL for Soholaunch make sure it is issued with the
          www in front. Please do not forget to mention this to the SSL firm or else
          the SSL will have to be re-issued.

By default all SSL's come witout the www, you have to ask for the www.
          I knew that as VodaHost set me up with the key and CSR for the free SSL from Rapid. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac
            AWWWWW Thank YOU Voda Host, I was thinking I read that someplace, but couldnt remember where! And I still think it makes a difference in her connection to authorize as well. Okies... Nancy, hope you can get this worked out tomorrow, but.. I am going to bed now!

Karen
            Thank you for your help Karen. You've been great!!!

Comment

No problem, when your ready to to order, just click the below...

SSL Certificates from Rapid SSL and Geotrust

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

www.vodahost.com/ssl.htm
                reading my mind??

Comment

www.vodahost.com/ssl.htm
                  Wanted to ask you, when they install the new SSL, will they find parts of the FREE SSL and take it out? Been trying to get it all out but still have part of the code in the SSL directory.

Comment

When you submit a support ticket for asking for install, please mention the above and everything you did. do not for get to mention the www.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

< finished peeking in, having learned by watching - again! > ..
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                        < finished peeking in, having learned by watching - again! > ..
                        Your up mighty late.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi, Boss!

Yeah... got a new laptop, and making it work right is a mess. Apparently, my verizon connection card is the culprit to blame as to why my 17" screen distorts all my web images....I can see thigs really ***** in BV, but live they look like they're underwater. Got this thing so I can connect anywhere in the world, and am trying to switch everyone out at work to laptop setups too (need to get another 20 immed.) so I'm the Beta.

Was talking to another industry player today (he has the best "online cad designer" for jewelry), and was mentioning how PAP could solve some of his issues....he's only 30 miles from Wilmington, so when he gets back, he'll conference with me with his partner to discuss bringin his ops to VH. Since I am dragging mu butt getting my sites up (which were supposed to be a model for the industry already) I told him that between you and Brad, you would offer all the technical expertise to support my sales job, and that you were personable to deal with!

I am having an awful time trying to run my businesses and finish my sites.....and I take it so personally, I am suffering a dose of depression, I suppose. Can't sleep, can't get forward either. Sad. Dan was going to help me out until he saw how he too needed to focus on his work. David is talking with me now....and I am debating whether to simply spend to have the guys who do the OsC template customizations just do it? They seem awfully high. (I need to do at least 2 OsC sites ASAP - long before Christmas).

So.....how was YOUR day???? LOLOL!

You can cut this when done....

Comment

You must endeavor to perceiver

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Perceive to Persevere?? LOL
                              True...but sooner or later you either fire your weapon, get overrun, or resort to greneades! HA!

It may always be a matter of perspective, but the older I get it seems to always boil down to how much BS I'm willing to tolerate and how much money I have to spend to get things done my way.....

For instance....with regard to this thread....is it best to submit a ticket for a dedicated IP and SSL at the same time PRIOR to building an OsC site in a new account, or add it after it's all set up?

Comment

Working...
                              X